*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571135-Three-coffins
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#571135 added March 2, 2008 at 5:55pm
Restrictions: None
Three coffins
Three coffins

Numb at 31,
I drone in monosyllables,
no, no, yes, no,
my one note song.
This dirge will never purge the pain within me.
Like Frida Kahlo
I lay impaled;
they tried to save me:
took my uterus,
three feet of gut,
five pints of blood,
my mind.
Yet I remain unnamed in that damn headline:
"3 Children Die In Car Crash,
Mother Survives".

         Three coffins,
         me in the hospital,
         no one survived.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [164.539b] 2008-02~17

Based on the quoted headline (probably a national story, just can't remember which). And the famous images that Frida Kahlo painted about her impalement. I was rear ended in 1988 and had a rough time with memory for quite a long while.

A very good link on Frida: http://fbuch.com/fridaby.htm

"The Broken Column" is only one of many paintings that portray the event and its significance.

IMAGES and MUSINGS:


Song of the breeze; hidden unrecognized bird twitters; clack of the chimes; hurry of robin over the lawn; scurry of remnant leaves; swirl of droplets; roar of the sky; anger of cloud-tops hidden by grey; buds furry and swelling; oaks not fooled, holding on to pale rags; slant of the rain; 3 boys in shorts dunking baskets.

A thought:

I'd rather live among dumb, kind and tolerant people than smart heartless head-cases.

ME:

Slept in; silly me! It dawned warm and sunny then become windy and grey. Probably went over 70 today; tonight thunder and a threat of twisters; tomorrow snow.

Forgot to put booklets in my backpack. Therefore I'm at Z's and can't give any out. *Frown*. Yesterday at Aimee's I gave two to Yara, Rocio's friend from Lisboa, Portugal. Maybe she'll send one home!

I started Book 17 of my Journal because I ran out of pages for Book 16 (Winter). I may make this one just cover the next 19 days and then use the extra pages for "prose poems", "haibun", "letters" ... that kind of stuff. Maybe get a green one for Book 18 (Spring)? I'm on page 1566 today. *Delight*

Ate black-eyed peas cooked with a sliced hot dog and served over melted buttered cornbread. *Smile*

Not much else, go read last blog and look at the pictures of Montana! And comment! There are more in the album on-line here and many more that don't have what it takes to be shared. *Rolleyes*. Oh, how I wish for a digital! *Laugh*

Kansas: 67º and threatening.
2745

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571135-Three-coffins