*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568161-Back-to-the-beginning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#568161 added February 17, 2008 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
Back to the beginning
So, after I had let this man back into my life, the unbelievable happened, yes, you guessed it, I was pregnant, again! I was so shocked because I was careful. I thought anyway. Like I said before, I didn't tell him until after she was born. I also found out that his mother had our supposed marriage anulled. We couldn't find anything anywhere that said anything about marriage. The we being my mom and I. He said it was anulled but I never saw any paper work or anything. When I met my husband, I worried about that. After we became a permanent couple, I figured that if there wasn't any proof that I was married before, then I had nothing to worry about. That turned out to be true. Fortunately for me. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. I had already decided to become a bigamist if he asked me to marry him. When I commit myself to someone, it is whole-heartedly. My husband is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I have no regrets of any kind from my decision to be with him forever.
We are at the point in our relationship that words almost aren't necessary. It is kind of strange. Occasionally, we have disagreements, sometimes heated arguements, but I think that we would be lost without the other. He has been a wonderful father to all of my kids, four of them are his biologically, but my 1st born stole his heart, long before I did. The running joke in the family is that she is my red-headed stepchild. No, she isn't, I gave birth to her. But as she got older, someone in my family(1 of my brothers) decided to tell her the truth about her parentage. The reason he told her, he just found out that his dad was really his step-dad and had adopted him when he was a baby. He and I have the same mother but different fathers. That is a whole other chapter in itself.
Anyway, when he told her, she was just 14 and not really old enough to understand exactly what he was telling her. It caused all kinds of problems for us for years. She was getting into that rebellious stage when my brother told her what he thought was the truth. But, what comes around goes around. My brother married someone who had a baby girl before he met her. He became her father. After a few years of not speaking to him, I finally made him understand what he had done to my daughter and my family. I called him one day and asked him how he would feel if I told his daughter the truth? He put himself in the same situation that my husband was in and it made him realize how much he had hurt my family. He loves his daughter just as much as my husband loves his and it terrified him to think that I would tell her the truth. I never did, but it got the point across and I got an apology for all of the problems that he caused us. Our kids are all doing fine these days and my brother and I are quite close. Truthfully, all of us are closer today than we were all those years ago. I love my family with all my heart and they love me the same. Sometimes it can be smothering, but, I wouldn't have it any other way!

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568161-Back-to-the-beginning