*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567158-Roger-Over-and-OUT
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#567158 added February 12, 2008 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
Roger: Over and OUT
Roger, I do not copy.

Am I the only one who's abso-friggin-loutely sick of this story involving Roger Clemens and the baseball steriods scandal? I'd almost rather hear about Britney, Lindsay or Paris again. Every day it seems like there's some new evidence or ridiculous plot twist that I don't even care anymore.

I've never been a fan of his, since his 1986 breakout year. While he's got many notable statistics and accolades over his storied career, ponder these facts:
*Bullet* The last few years, he's taken the spring off to "get into baseball shape" (or maybe to get the juice out of his system?) while he's chosen the highest bidder for his services.
*Bullet* The shattered-bat throwing incident vs. the Mets' Mike Piazza during the World Series including Piazza's Mets and Clemens' Yankees? Maybe there's some fallout between Roger Denial and the Mets' one-time clubhouse attendant, Kirk Radomski; a story that will probably remain untold. A classless move and a sure sympton of 'roid rage.
*Bullet* New, conflicting reports coming out constantly about the entire saga. At this point one really can't believe either side, and I can honestly say I don't know who to trust in all of this...even the politicians involved are slinging mud now (imagine that!).
*Bullet* MLB has totally had their heads up their collective asses regarding the this whole steroid fiasco. Bud Selig, no matter what else you accomplish for this once-great national pasttime, welcome to your legacy. This is what your tenure is going to be known for. You can't play dumb to that. MLB has completely created its own nightmare and wants to wake up as if it never happened.
*Bullet* Clemens' boy Andy Pettitteis flip-flopping his story every day with contrasting and conflicting accounts. He can no longer be trusted worth any more than one spin of his curveball.

I cannot stand this story much longer, if ever. Clemens is another big-shot phony, corrupted by the fame of a sport that was so good to him. At this point, I don't care if I know the truth, because of all the words of the people involved have been marinated in deception, rumor and lies.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567158-Roger-Over-and-OUT