*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566223-where-did-the-day-go
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#566223 added February 8, 2008 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
where did the day go?
I'm unexpectedly alone this evening and have enjoyed sitting here reading instead of doing any of the things I need/expected to do. My email box has gotten very full, and I decided to start at the back and eliminate some old ones.

Wow, there are some gems there! There were two reviews of a lousy story I wrote before I started on this site, and they were wonderful. Both were longer than the story and filled with well-written, sound suggestions about plot, character development, etc. I don't remember being intimidated by them at all back then, but now I am a little. I haven't done very much fiction writing in the past year, so all that information was as valuable as ever. But darn, how will I ever find time to use it?

Earlier in the week, and last week too, I was excited by trying new things. Not like I've mastered any of them yet, and already I'm complaining to myself that I'm not focused enough. Isn't that crazy? You can't expand and focus at the same time, can you?

Well, I think I prefer to let my little clam feet feel around in the wet sand of variety at the moment, and then pick something to focus on before summer.

Gotta go focus on laundry right now though. *Smile*

P.S. One of those very helpful, now printed out for safe keeping, reviews was from Anyea. Yea!

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566223-where-did-the-day-go