*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564209-Election-Frenzy
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#564209 added January 29, 2008 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
Election Frenzy
What a crazy week in FL! Not a moment has passed without a candidate or his next of kin calling us, with offers of paradise and proofs of their family trees or genome maps.

On top of that, a few days ago, the invasion of the poll and survey takers started. They remind me of "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

When asked, I told a survey taker my choice. He asked who my second choice was. I said his name. Obviously, neither was the candidate he was pushing, because he slammed the phone down with a grumpy hum.

Yesterday, another one called and asked my choice again. When told, he asked, “Is there any way for you to change your opinion and vote for candidate X?”
I said, “No, but I wonder what these questions are really about. I wonder if you are trying to sell me an armchair or if you are trying to bribe me.”
He slammed the phone down.

I know that a certain party is pushing a certain candidate down people’s throats, because the parties always do that. I am not telling the candidate’s name even if I do not think he will make a good president, because I respect him and think that he has nothing to do with what the people who push him are acting like.

Do these people ever think that all this pushing could result in a reaction...a reaction like people leaving the party to become independent or to register with the opposing party?

Tonight, the party games will be over in Florida, and the pajama games will begin all over the place after February 5. I hope the whole thing does not turn X-rated at the end.

At this point, what turns is my stomach.



© Copyright 2008 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564209-Election-Frenzy