*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562275-a-word-before-nine
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#562275 added January 21, 2008 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
a word before nine
That's about all I have time for before the WDC witching hour, 9 P.M. Pacific.
***There, now that I've clocked in, so to speak, I'll have time to actually write something.

Fantastic music at church today, as always on the Sunday of Martin Luther King Day, but this time over the top. It was a combination of Southern Gospel and jazz, beginning with Swing Low, Sweet Chariot as a processional hymn, Wayfaring Stranger as a gospel hymn, and Robert Ray's Gospel Mass. Our choir was augmented by music students from two local Universities as soloists, our terrific director at the piano, plus a trumpet and percussion group. When the service was over, nobody moved, and they kept playing.

How amazing is that to have heard good jazz two days in a row in church? (Two different groups in two different churches, both in this small but talent-filled town.)

It has snowed lightly all day, and we sat by the fire and watched movies-- a dynamic morning and a pleasant afternoon/evening.

Sometime this year I want to find a good biography of Martin Luther King Jr. When I moved to Atlanta as a young teenager in 1959, he wasn't an impressive figure to me. In fact, after he was assassinated, it seemed as if his stature was elevated greatly. He became bigger than life. I don't know what is really true about him, and I need to read and learn.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562275-a-word-before-nine