*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/561619-My-Birthday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#561619 added January 17, 2008 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
My Birthday
Today is my birthday. You would think that after being married to the same man for 31 years, he would remember to tell me Happy Birthday, before he left for work. That almost bothered me a lot. He did finally call me and tell me, but it would have been nice to hear it first thing in the morning. I am still waiting on the rest of my kids to remember that it is my birthday. They are usually pretty good about it. My 2nd daughter was the first one to tell me. She calls everyday at about 7:30a.m. On the weekends, she calls at about 10:30a.m. Since the rest of my kids, with the exception of the one still at home, haven't called yet, she will call & remind them. I sent my sister's a little poem to remind them.
It was Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
I still don't have grey hair
and I'm almost fifty!!
WOW!! I am almost half a century old. How freaky is that? Remember when you were little and 50 was sooooo old. It feels a little weird to realize that I am that old. It is just a feeling but it is a strange one. You really don't expect to suddenly realize that your older than you feel. I have my days, when my body feels 70 but my mind feels 25. Guess I need to figure out how to reverse that. When I do, I'll bottle it and make a fortune, HA!HA! My youngest son is having a bad hair day today! Guess I will be giving him a haircut later today or tomorrow. He is almost 19. He has graduated high school but isn't having any luck job hunting right now. He has such a unique outlook on life and various things in general. I think he should write a book on his philosophy and his outlook on things. Guess that's enough for now. I'll add some more in a few days.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/561619-My-Birthday