*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560180-Blog-templates-Howard-Cosell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#560180 added January 10, 2008 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Blog templates. Howard Cosell.
Using templates:

Do you use a template to do blog entries? Those who have different topics on different days (like Nada Sunday Funnies) must type in everything every time unless you are using a template, either in a word file or on-line.

I have reused entries as an attempt to not have to reinvent my blog format. Of course, these entries would get buried in time by new blogs. No more! The simple "manage" tool allows each entry to be assigned a number (I knew this ... duh ...) so I merely gave my template the number 9 and left the others as 0 so they will show up chronologically for all my thousands of readers (Mavis, AL and two others).

I use my template to put in new information, then copy and paste in a new blog entry, alter, clean-up and make public. Simple. The template can then be cleaned out.

Now, it glares balefully at me whenever I open up my blog. Like Audrey, I hear the grumbles of "feed me" crescendoing with time.

... or parsley and sage if you like your salad chopped fine to cut off the screams.

Ah, the silence.

And you folks will never see my template's long brown lashes as she is set "for my eyes only". *Smirk*

Howard Cosell

         for all bassett hounds

At war with squirrels,
he snoozes by the door
one eyebrow arched
and waiting,
ears drooping,
jowls moving in and out
to muffled growls.

He dreams
of chasing long-tailed furry rats
that disrupt his dog domain.
They flee
as he remains, asleep with glee,
his two ears drooping,
one eyebrow arched
... in case.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [164.456] 2008-01-08

Susan Wittig Albert has a character, Howard Cosell, in her Chyna Bayles mystery series. He's an aging bassett hound who dreams of the squirrels-of-his-youth. *Smile*

ME:

House guests. So a bit out of sorts. I am jealous of my peace and quiet and not accostumed to entertaining like I was used to years ago.

Dandruff of a day woke up grey and dreary. I got up (reluctantly) around 9 after my phone rang. Could've slept in ...

Had my liver and onion fix with Miss Brenda. She'll be at a meeting where they dispense out grant money to those with money. She'll be the lone voice of the poor.

Tomorrow I'll be commenting on this article about on-the-job misery:

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/career-articles-three_signs_of_a_miserable_job-277

Kansas: 34º and flaky.
1689

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560180-Blog-templates-Howard-Cosell