*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557213-Anniversary-Ugly-bags-of-water
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#557213 added December 26, 2007 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
Anniversary. Ugly bags of water.
"Speak soft my name

3rd Anniversary of the tsunami:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071226/wl_asia_afp/asiatsunamianniversary

Remember Humans = "ugly bags of mostly water"?:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=883&tstamp=20...

ME:

Got quite a bit of cleaning done without overtaxing my energy. Must finish what I started before working on my bedroom. The house is looking habitable and hospitable and not just like a bachelor flophouse.

Two days of sunshine! Even hung up wash that mostly dried.

Sunday at the buffet: duck; frog legs; crabcakes; lychees with tapioca; shrimp; mussels; honey chicken; custard; sushi (eel and rainbow). I ended up overstuffed and taking a four hour nap!

From page 1,447 of my journal (2007-12-24): Moon is out; night is clear. Last night the full moon rose in a purple haze just at sunset. Later, around midnight, 'she' was chasing the hunter Orion across the southern sky.

Freed the cold air returns. The one in my room was stuffed with newspaper from 1976 when Rusty's IGA was on the corner of 23rd and Louisana (now Checkers). A gravity system doesn't work well when the cold air returns are blocked.

My cousin Carol's son, Ryan called from New York. He's on leave from the army (Missouri) and it was good to hear his voice.

Swung on a swing at the park yesterday. The snow was melting around the blades of green or brown grass sticking through.

Short thoughts:

Peace returns in dishes being washed,
in a flame that barely flickers,
in a moon waxing to the muted booms
of thunder. [164.433c]

It would be dangerous
to have all of you,
ecstasy
to fly off a cliff
to hug a rainbow. [164.428b]

'Twas the night before mid-night
and all through my bones
cursed the memories of night mares
and their stallions that roamed ... [164.422]

Kansas: 32º and snizzly showers.
1475

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557213-Anniversary-Ugly-bags-of-water