*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/556981-The-Pitt
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#556981 added December 24, 2007 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
The Pitt
Here I am back in Pittsburgh, where the Official Religion is Steelers.

The problem with traveling to Pittsburgh isn't the fact that it's Pittsburgh - it's actually kind of nice around here - but that there is NO direct route from my hometown of Charlottesville to here. This is because West Virginia is in the way, and nobody's bothered to cut a road through the mountains. Consequently, you have to start out going west - then kind of north-northeast - then north for a bit, though there's some zigzagging involved, and you leave the interstate for a while - then kinda west-northwest to Pittsburgh.

But the trip was easier than I expected, it being Christmas Eve and all. Five hours on the road, and we were done. Closer, even, than New York.

Now if I can get the laptop to quit crashing to the Blue Screen of Death, I might even have a good time visiting the in-laws.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/556981-The-Pitt