*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/556807-Say-WHAT-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#556807 added December 23, 2007 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
Say "WHAT" Again!
What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?
-Jules


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article3087367.ece

DEAF parents should be allowed to screen their embryos so they can pick a deaf child over one that has all its senses intact, according to the chief executive of the Royal National Institute for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People...

Say what?

More:
In America a deaf couple deliberately created a baby with hearing difficulties by choosing a sperm donor with generations of deafness in his family.

WHAT??!

How about we stop breeding for stupid, huh? I mean, I know some people would love to select undesirable traits OUT of their offspring - the definition of "undesirable" being a key issue that I'm not going to touch - but what kind of parent purposely does something to their kid that gives them a disadvantage in life? Of course, lots of deaf people do just fine in life, and that's not the issue; the issue is where does it stop? Should retarded people (and yes, I'm using the R word) deliberately have Down's kids so they can all be retarded together? Come on!

I weep for the world.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/556807-Say-WHAT-Again