*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/556063-Short-days-of-December-another-eintou--kinda
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#556063 added December 20, 2007 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
Short days of December, another eintou ... kinda
Short days of December

Long gone
awe of autumn,
sullen smoke, fallen embers
flung and tossed by northern bluster
coughed up from blizzard's breath,
dust's puff, storm's roar,
hushed death.

© 2007 Kåre Enga [164.428] 2007-12-18

Another eintou of sorts ... not by theme though, but by structure. I was focused on low-back vowels. The oh and ah and uh sounds. I had a poem of Verlaine on my mind ... *Rolleyes*.

"Chanson d'automne": http://poesie.webnet.fr/poemes/France/verlaine/3.html

CHALLENGE:

Can you write a flash fiction, short story, essay, rant or poem based on the "unforgettable" quotes of 2007? Like ... "Don't tase me bro", "nappy-headed hos", or "I don't recall":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071219/us_nm/usa_quotes_dc

ME:

Henry's upstairs bar was doing a boom-boom business last night. Downstairs was almost empty as a couple students/teachers were feverishly completing the semester's work.

I spoke to Chance downstairs. Read him some of my poetry. He was editing a short story. I advised him not to sell himself short, finish it and submit it somewhere. Because he is 23 and is writing about his generation, I asked what tells the reader that thát is the case ... as in a generation that IMs, that has always had cell-phones, that were mere children when 9/11 happened, that wears Muck Fizzou t-shirts (that would've been considered gauche-at-best years ago), that guzzles beer bongs and doesn't consider a blow-job sex.
"The football guys really enjoyed me sucking them off after their last game. Johnny-you-know-who is really, I mean REALLY hung, but Brad shoots the best load. Thank God I'm still a virgin!"
There are ways to make the story have a time and place by choice of language. Anywho, conversations like last night make me feel useful. I need to fulfill my promise to work up presentations about the linguistics of poetry.

Got to see Carol and Neva upstairs. It is so easy to lose touch of friends when they don't have much and haven't been well. But they both looked good last night. *Smile*

Kansas: 40º and blue sky.
1388

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/556063-Short-days-of-December-another-eintou--kinda