*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555485-Snow-angel
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#555485 added December 16, 2007 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
Snow angel
Snow angel

         for Oliver Gary Strong at 19 months.

Copper topped, strong headed,
OG-the-angel (19 months, not-so-old)
carries around his soft grey rhino,
offers it to me to hold. Already
a traveler: climbing stairs and toddling
around, over and through his grampa's
antique store; look what OG's found!

He loves to sit in the storefront window,
window to a world of snow and more;
he knows there more to know.
O Angel, angel coppered colored,
playing in the snow,
What do you know?

© 2007 Kåre Enga [164.424] 2007-12-15

Oliver Gary Strong is the son of Cary and Aimee Strong and has a brother Finn. A Cinco de Mayo baby, he has the copper hair and out-going disposition of Grandma Eileen (Grandpa Gary collects rhinos *Rolleyes*). He lives above Strong's Antique store and Aimee's coffeehouse owned by his family in downtown Lawrence, Kansas.

ME:

No blog entry yesterday! Decided to do other things. Listened to music at Aimee's where I camped out all day. Played with OG. *Smile* Eileen and Gary are off to Houston for a month. OG will be devastated ...

Saw Rocio. She is looking great!!! Funny how being done with taking courses and teaching can lighten someone's mood. *Bigsmile* She's staying in Kansas this break and saving up for a return to Spain this coming summer.

Went to the local soup kitchen to check on friends. Met Jacob, talked to Robert and Onita. Chris is out of jail; so are some others. No recent deaths (last year there were 3 in December). One thing that bothers me though? Why is Aryan, who is 8 months pregnant staying in a homeless flophouse? Does anyone else see a problem with this?

I am neglecting to submit my poems ... Argh. Tasha mentioned the other night that she sends simultaneous submissions once a week. Anyway it is done is hard. I'd rather write them. *Smirk*

I spoke with my mother in Buffalo: 16 inches expected today. The Bills-Browns game in Cleveland? Blizzard! Cleveland 8-0 at halftime (8 = 2 field goals and one safety).

Kansas: 27 degrees and bright bright light sparkling off the snow. *Snow1*
1351

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555485-Snow-angel