*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555188-Vexed-vixen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#555188 added December 14, 2007 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Vexed vixen
Vexed vixen

The red fox holds the sparrow
gently in her maw, feels its panicked pulse,
and trots on home, unaware
of the boys who play with her pups.

All spirals begin in circles: mother,
child and the quest for food.
She does not linger on her journey
to greet her pups back home.

Now she sees them, startled, drops
the feathered wings to bark, surveys
the injustice of a still-chill world,
as the boys and the bird fly off.

© 2007 Kåre Enga [164.416] 2007-12-11

ME:

Met with Susan and Ranita (my 'lights' along this journey home *Smile*). Spoke of moving to Montana or Oklahoma or finding another place here. I really want to live in my own place, especially after last night ...

My income situation is still not resolved (since May). I know what the situation is; but, it needs some bureaucrat to straighten it out. One who is paid regardless. My ability to make right decisions in life is dependent on knowledge, truth and my gut reaction. It also depends on money to buy what I need. 'My' money that 'they' have, that they are not paying me.

Having been lied to for years and not having the unconditional support that others seem to have, I am leery at best when it comes to sticking my neck out when the hunter is waiting patient with his axe.

And yes, I do feel hunted sometimes.

POETRY CIRCLE:


Last night I went to a gathering of poets that Stephanie had arranged. Tasha Haas and Duane Herrmann were there and since I know both, that was a treat. In fact, I've known Duane since the 70s. I bought Duane's book on the century-long history of the Baha'i community in Topeka. In looking at the photos, I even recognized some folks.

Since the theme was the 'solstice' I read the poem I wrote yesterday (see yesterday's blog) and "Waking up", written for Dreama Biggers who died last year on this date, as well as "A radiant moon ..." for Michelle Begay who froze at Watson Park on December 13th, 2004. Also: "Cursive", "Before breakfast" and two winter tankas.

I like sharing my stuff. *Smile*

Long walk home though.

BLOGVILLE:

Budroe is now living in Southern Illinois near Carbondale *Smile*, go pay him a vist! "Invalid Entry

I like reading new bloggers. This Californian living in Iowa likes cats: RedCat Can you tell by the handle?

I've been reading more than I was for a while there. If I had wireless at my house, I'd read more. Maybe someday. *Rolleyes*

Kansas: a promise of a snow storm, 37º.
1320

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555188-Vexed-vixen