*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553732-Cover-my-sins
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#553732 added December 6, 2007 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
Cover my sins
Cover my sins

They fall,
frozen small crystals
that graze on grass,
melt on asphalt, fall
larger, cover up sins,
turning the emptiness
to lace.
From
the other side
of the window the child
within wants to play,
feel their touch on eyelids
melt into joy.
They become
as big as plates,
joining to hide the sky
as the child shivers within old bones
afraid of their nothingness.
To enjoy this gift,
he must forget teardrops:
small as a child,
big as a fist.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.409] 2007-12-06

ME:

I missed the warm weather by a day. *Smirk* It is damp and flaky today. (Reminding me of last week in Montana and childhood by the shores of the Great Lakes).

I am reading Poems Across The Big Sky: An Anthology of Montana Poets and becoming daunted, yet inspired. Over 100 poets alive and remembered are highlighted in this book printed in 2007. Ibought it at Fact and Fiction in Missoula, figuring it would not be as easy to find in Kansas. It cost $16 (flat, no tax). It is a wonderful introduction to the diverse voices of 4th largest state in the U.S.A.

By-the-way, on Tuesday, I met up with 4 Englishmen traveling around the world. The microcosm of Aer Greyhound should give them excellent insight of what America is all about. They return to Poole (near Bournemouth, west of Portsmouth, SW England.) Oddly they have never been to Wales and shuddered at the thought of visiting Scotland, a country where they wouldn't understand the culture, food nor language. *Rolleyes* They've already been to India, Thailand, Cambodia, Viet Nam, Australia and New Zealand. They return mid-January.

I hope they are enjoying the Black Hills of South Dakota. *Smile*

Poole: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poole

Kansas: 27º and flaky *Snow3*
1205

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553732-Cover-my-sins