*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553535-Home-sweet-Kansas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#553535 added December 5, 2007 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Home sweet Kansas
Not!

I'm home, but it's breezy and chilly.

Took early bus and arrived 1 hour late. The bus was rerouted through Colorado instead of Wyoming. The area around Salt Lake City is ringed by magnificent mountains. The neighborhoods of the Utah Valley though look grey and beige; as bland or blander than anywhere else.

Going east out of Grand Junction, Colorado was awesome too.

Almost didn't make it:

1.) They took over an hour to decide to have another bus reroute us out of Salt Lake City.
2.) Someone smoked on the bus and we sat for 15 minutes while this was worked out.
3.) About 2 hours west of Denver, the bus driver informs us that the alternator wasn't working properly. Therefore we had to choose whether to stop and wait for another bus or continue. We kept on going, which meant no stops and no heat. We got there in time for everyone's connections.

So I'm home.

Too tired to post my poems for Nicolette and Trevor.

Kansas: 30º and chilly-to-the-bone.
1190

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553535-Home-sweet-Kansas