*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551494-Skye
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#551494 added November 25, 2007 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Skye
Skye

         for Skylar of Missoula

A wisp of smoke flutters against the sky
as an orange flicker of flame undresses
the forest floor of trees, beasts and men.

Skylar studies the anatomy of men,
the legs that run, the arms beseeching sky:
"Today's a good day to die," addressing

the fire with respect, the Threat addressing
the thrill of stouthearted women and men
that fly the helitack across the sky.

Skye dresses the wounds of fearless firemen.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.393] 2007-11-25

Skye befriended me while we waited for coffee at The Break. So she gets a poem. Her training is in forestry and she is pursuing a career in Nursing as well. Helitack = helicopter attack.

FOOTBALL:

Well, both my teams lost yesterday. Still, any game in Montana is always a thrill! Never got to 20 degrees though, so I was frozen. I took my lap blanket and ended up sitting on it. The seats are aluminum and the cold went straight through to my bones. My hands were okay and my ears mostly fine. There was very little wind.

ME:


Ate a 'viking' yesterday at the game. It's like a deep fried battered meatball served on a stick. Very tasty. On the way back picked up some turkey and passion fruit yoghurt. The hotel does not have internet nor a refrigerator and I must consider that on my next trip.

Still, I'm enjoying myself. The day is sparkly.

Montana: 15 degrees and sparkling.
1078

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551494-Skye