*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549974-November-leaves-no-2-written-on--a-ginkgo-leaf
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#549974 added November 18, 2007 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
November leaves no. 2 (written on a ginkgo leaf)
November leaves no. 2

         celosia

She sits on this side of the fence
watched by a slate-grey bird in the pine,
the dumpster a blue backdrop sky.
Behind her, the lattice of the chained links,
cold diamonds.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.369.ginkgo] 2007-11-18

I wrote on ginkgo leaves a couple years ago. I'm going to try again. Harder when they get dry and brittle. Now I know. The yellow leaves I'm gathering are supple. I'm going to try again on other leaves too. Some are too fragile and those that are acidic like the oak may not be kind to ink. But ... all that means is making a color copy and also writing it on paper.

This is how it looked on the leaf:

2
She
sits on this
side of the fence
watched by the
slate grey bird in the
pine, the dumpster a blue
sky behind her. l l the lattice
of the chained l l links her
    diamonds   l   l  'Celosia'


ME:

Okay. Not ready for the trip yet. I leave tomorrow from Topeka at 1:30 pm. I do not expect to blog until I get to Washington. I'm taking my laptop to Montana.

The game ... was annoying. Did talk to a nice man from Springfield, Mo. Kansas won and is now ranked #2. That's been a dangerous ranking this year!

Montana is seeded 3rd for the FCS playoff and will host Wofford on Saturday (noonish) and will have a second home game if they win, facing either Eastern Kentucky or Richmond. Getting a ticket ... may not be easy. I have to go to http://www.griztix.com and hope I can do it on-line or call 1-888-MONTANA or 406-243-4051. I'm putting the links and numbers here so I don't have to go looking for them! I'll be around the Idaho/Oregon line about the time the tickets become available. *Frown* If I don't get in, I wonder how the game looks from Mt.Sentinel. *Rolleyes*

BLOGVILLE:

sultry has some good news! Go read: "Invalid Entry

Kansas: mackerel sky and 53 degrees. Warmer tomorrow. Cooler weather will greet me in Utah and Portland. Fog in Washington, frozen fog in Montana. Here the weather will be warm 70s for a couple days and then ... snow.
1010

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549974-November-leaves-no-2-written-on--a-ginkgo-leaf