*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/548712-Epilogue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#548712 added November 12, 2007 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
Epilogue
Narrator: And so, we come to the last chapter, in which Christopher Robin and Pooh come to the enchanted place and we say goodbye.

Pooh: Goodbye? Oh, no, please, can't we go back to page one and do it all over again?

Narrator: Sorry, Pooh, but all stories have an ending you know.

Pooh: Oh, bother.

Narrator: Yes, the time had come at last. Christopher Robin was going away to school. Nobody else in the forest knew exactly why or where he was going. All they knew was it had something to do with twice times, and how to make things called A-B-C's, and where a place called Brazil is.

Christopher Robin: Pooh?

Pooh: Huh?

Christopher Robin: What do you like doing best in the world?

Pooh: What I like best is me going to visit you and you saying, "How about a smackerel of honey?"

Christopher Robin: I like that, too, but what I like best is just doing nothing.

Pooh: How do you do just nothing?

Christopher Robin: Well, it's when grownups ask, "What are you going to do?" and you say "Nothing." Then you go out and do it.

Pooh: I like that; let's do it all the time!

Christopher Robin: You know something, Pooh? I'm not going to do just nothing anymore.

Pooh: You mean, never again?

Christopher Robin: Well, not so much. Pooh, when I'm away just doing nothing, will you come up here sometimes?

Pooh: You mean alone? Just me?

Christopher Robin: Yes. And Pooh? Promise you won't forget me, ever?

Pooh: Oh, I won't, Christopher, I promise!

Christopher Robin: Not even when I'm a hundred?

Pooh: How old shall I be then?

Christopher Robin: Ninety-nine, silly old bear.

Narrator: Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on top of the forest, a little bear will always be waiting.


Epilogue excerpted from:  Winnie The Pooh and Tigger Too!

© Copyright 2007 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/548712-Epilogue