*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/548192-
by surfer
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #1342552
Earth goes under intense heat from global warming and 3 of each animal are moved 2 Neptube
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#548192 added November 10, 2007 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Jay hopped off of Foxy’s head and fluttered ahead into the darkness.
         “No, wait! Come back! I can’t be abandoned AGAIN! Jay! Come on!” Foxy called into the vast darkness. A faraway voice answered him,
         “O.k, o.k., I’m coming!” Jay chirped across to Foxy, although it sounded as if he was getting more distant.
         “I’m over here, Jay! Follow my voice!”, Foxy called out. Jay was getting farther away, he knew it.
         “Jay! Jay! Over here! I’ll stay still, you come to me!” Foxy was now desperate, and Jay was nervously fluttering around, trying to find Foxy in the darkness.
         “Jay, please, please...” muttered Foxy to no one. He had lost his mother and his two best friends, Goon and Jay.
         “Foxy? Where are you? Am I closer?” asked Jay dubiously, now sounding closer.
         “Yes, keep coming! I’m over here!” Foxy had a hopeful, encouraging tone that kept Jay moving in the dark, frigid night. Jay was shaking as he flew closer to Foxy, dreaming of the fox’s warm mouth that probably smelled of chocolate lava. Foxy was waiting in the mounds of uneven snow, watching the white mist puff out from his mouth as he breathed. He was nervous, for he was alone again in the strange planet. He heard a fluttering noise, and called out to his friend,
         “Jay, is that you? Please hurry, we have to go find Goon!”
         “I must be getting closer by now? Do I sound close-” Jay’s response was cut short when he bumped into a furry, dark wall.
         “Oww-Jay, is that you?”, asked the furry dark wall, which turned out to be Foxy.
         “Ya, it’s me, sorry I couldn’t see you, it’s so dark!”, Jay chirped on happily as he made his way into Foxy’s mouth. He curled up in a corner and started to sleep as Foxy wandered into the darkness, searching to find their lost friend.

                                                           >< <> ><

Jay was tapping on Foxy’s teeth with his beak, and shouting,
         “Open up!” to Foxy, as if his teeth were a door. Foxy opened his mouth and Jay fluttered out, leaving Foxy spitting out fuzz balls.
         “Nice nap?”asked Foxy to the stretching blue jay who was on top of his head.
         “Mmmm hmm...” Jay grunted, and bent down in front of Foxy’s eyes.
         “Did we find Goon yet?”
         “No, when you wandered off, I lost track of his footprints. By now, they must be under at least twenty feet of snow. It’s been snowing hard for the last few hours.”


© Copyright 2007 surfer (UN: surf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
surfer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/548192-