*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546735-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#546735 added November 4, 2007 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
Day of the Dead. Inoculatté.
I keep promising I won't post, or I'll do a short-short. Blogging can take up a lot of time and readership has fallen into the abyss. Even I don't read as much as I used to. How folks like Nada and Tor keep it up I'll never know. I read and write slow. Still, I blog. Why? Because when my fingers touch the keys they hear melodies and the lyrics must be written, no matter how sad or silly.

I choose to blog ... or maybe the Great Blogger-in-the-Sky has chosen me.

One liners based on Ginsberg's notion of "American sentences" of 17 syllables (do not confuse with haiku):

Day of the Dead

This autumn lingers as Old Man Winter sleeps, still snoozing in the North.

Waiting for Hurricane Noel, they do not sing joyeux, they pray adieu.

Witches, ghosts and goblins mock what leprechauns and fairies know for fact.

On this Day of the Dead, I have no date, no reason to rise again.

Closed circles exclude as Christians define Heaven within, Hell without.

I still breathe-in, breathe-out and then write what the pen of chaos insists.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.332a-e,g] 2007-11-01-4

Inoculatté

Kenya in an i.v. bag to go, please. I like my fix dark and warm.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.332f] 2007-11-01

I'm at Z's ranting about Korporate University, Lawrence Campus. Gabe, the barista is doing an essay, comparing CEOs and corporations to Vampires. I take issue, on behalf of the LDV (Latter Day Vamps) that this is an insult to all vampires. They were never the soul-suckers they were depicted as (a little blood now and then, oh yeah ...). My series of veggie vampire vignettes, Blood of the Garlic, showcasing Meadowlark Nightengale, her mother Bunny (an old vamp), her dad (owner of Nightengale's Funeral Parlor), and her cast of friends: Bawang, Thoom, Knyflok, Czeszniak and Ajo (that would be me; they call me A-hole sometimes, just to annoy) should put the old myths to rest. But who will publish short stories that debunk myths?

Anywho, Gabe was mentioning how he takes the bus to school at Johnson County Community College, while all the born-with-a-cell-phone-up-her-butt blonds from Johnson County blurbs drive into Lawrence in their S.U.V.s. Only they can afford to go to Korporate U. Didn't use to be that way. ***sigh***

SIGN SEEN UP IN FRONT OF KORPORATE U's HQ:

Final score: Mangino 456, Callahan 188.

Nasty.

Mangino's weight may be the butt of jokes like "our coach can eat your coach" and he is 5 by 5, but there are others who seriously report that his ears and extremities look purplish. I haven't seen him myself, but this would be a sign of poor circulation and at that weight (according to others, he is 400+ lbs. ... maybe not 456 though) diabetes and heart problems can occur. No one wants to win a National Championship and have their beloved coach drop dead.



Fall comes to KU, gold-leafed.

Kansas: 66 sunny-blue degrees and the leaves are falling, finally.
777

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546735-