*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/545385-I-have-been-tagged
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#545385 added October 29, 2007 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
I have been tagged
My tagger is Cappucine

THE RULES:
Link to your tagger and post these rules.
List 8 random facts about yourself.
At the end tag 8 other people.
Let them know in their blog comments they’ve been tagged.

8 Random Wife/Mother/Secretary/Student/Writer Facts


1. I recently sent three poems off to a journal. Fairly respectable journal, but not one of the bigger, better-known ones. I got my first rejection slip in the mail today, and couldn't wait to tell someone. I will save it and display it in a prominent place.

2. I will find at least two more journals to which to send these same three poems and get the submission process started again tomorrow. Before the morning mail goes out at 9:30a.m.

3. I eagerly anticipate the day when nothing lives in my house that doesn't flush a toilet after voiding its bladder or bowels. Unfortunately, this will not happen until my youngest daughter moves out and takes her cat with her. Or the cat ummm...I'm not allowed to use that verb in connection with the cat. Mourir. Sterben. Goes to kitty-heaven. Whichever comes first, and even though my daughter is 19 years old, it's starting to look like the latter will come first.

4. I sit at my piano and try to play whenever I get a quiet moment at home. Happens once or twice a week.

5. I'm a good cook, and come up with some fairly interesting concoctions whenever I experiment with whatever I have on hand in the kitchen. Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that.

6. I officiated, along with my husband, at my son and daughter-in-law's wedding back in May.

7. I currently work as a the "senior secretary" in the English & Philosophy department of the university I graduated from a few months ago. This has allowed me to keep up with poetry events happening within a hundred mile radius, thus, I recently went to a reading featuring Tony Hoagland and Dean Young. I've also recently attended readings by Ron Rash and Yusef Komunyakaa. This Thursday, I'll attend a reading featuring one of the 2007 Whiting Foundation award winners, Paul Guest, along with one of my favorite teachers, also a published poet, Greg Fraser. This weekend, I'm going to a party where there will be poets out the ying-yang, including Eliot Kahlil Wilson, the poet whose impending visit occasioned the party in the first place. These are benefits that don't show up on my paycheck. If you want to see a really cool poem-animation, go to www.bornmagazine.org and look for Wilson's "Designing a Bird from Memory in Jack's Skin Kitchen" (http://www.bornmagazine.org/projects/designing/) The party is at another poet's house, Chad Davidson, whose second book will be published within a year.

8. I am a shameless name-dropper.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2007 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/545385-I-have-been-tagged