*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544704-Suburban-skunk--a-definition
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#544704 added October 26, 2007 at 4:22pm
Restrictions: None
Suburban skunk ... a definition
Sububan skunk ... a definiton

Noises from the Wasteland of America
pound against my inner eardrums
like lavender and then the scent of skunk ...

This noise is never sung upon a porch
by firefly-light or crooned in corners
of a coffeehouse. It knows no blues;
it has no heart to spring from.

Scum-unity, cum-unity, perhaps,
but no community exists to call its own.
It wanders through the poisoned grass,
the sterile used car lots, and leaves
the ripe perfume of skunk.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.324] 2007-10-26

A wee bit fresh. Just pooped today and still a tad stinky ... *Laugh*

IMAGES:

Taste of danish; table top of tiny red-black-grey dots embedded in pale grey; 7 bananas; 3 oranges; 2 kiwis.

Maple turning orange; orange cannas; terra cotta pots that match the building's stucco (cheaper than the brick street-front); long wet grass; moist grey skies.

ME:

I feel whiney and I've promised myself that this blog will not be whiney, so I'll whine with the best elsewhere ...

After days of blue skies, the grey cool Autumn air has descended. Still no frost, but the leaves are turning ever-so-slowly.

I had a bologna sandwich for a late breakfast. I got up super-late and have no hope of catching up with the day! But that doesn't matter. Had nothing special planned. Thursdays are busier. Went to T @ 3 yesterday, but it is not the same this semester. It's Civics Week, so I saw the classic, "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington".

BLOGVILLE:

AL mentioned the artist's colony in Österlen and now I've got to go google it: http://www.osterlen.com/ Click "turism". There are some nice photos of this seaside community in Scane there. And this was my response to another one of her hilarious entries:

*Laugh* I'm not sure whether you intended this to be as funny as I thought it was. Boobs and balls and pegs (er ... pins). And 13 of you ( a magick number)! Nothing like a bevy of bitches (er ... coven of witches) throwing balls and boobs down the gutters ...

Read the original: "Invalid Entry Please. *Smile*

galinago wrote a perfectly serious and insightful entry "Invalid Entry and then realized he had written 500 words about a cubic inch of soil. anyone who has entered NaNoWriMo should read it. All of it! You'll understand and leave an appropriate comment, of course you will!

zwisis loves garlic and recently bought a book shaped like a garlic with garlic recipes in it. I could use more refences on garlic too, since my Veggie Vampire Vignettes depend on the aroma of garlic. She also has the continuing saga of kedis ...

Prosperous Snow celebrating is my favorite snowflake. I feel I understand her attempts to make sense out of this 'writing' thing that we-all seem to have caught and now can't get rid off. Maybe we should call the CDC (Center of Disease Control) or do you think it's all a government plot to keep us all blogging instead of protesting their insanity? *Rolleyes* Anywho, Snow introduced me to a garland cinquain (I have written over 200 cinquains I figure) in her blog. The particular item can be found at "Invalid Item. Note how the 6th stanza is made up of lines from the other 5.

Mavis Moog simply astounds me with her clear-headed style of exposition. Read "Invalid Entry, "Invalid Entry which I consider an excellent basis for a vignette or short story, and "Invalid Entry. I voted B and C. Which do you like best?

Kansas: 53º under grey skies. Sunshine in the forecast for the next week though!
602

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544704-Suburban-skunk--a-definition