*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544445-Sara-Shooms-seder
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#544445 added October 25, 2007 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Sara Shoom's seder
Sara Shoom's seder

A clove of garlic
savors the knish
and the roast beast
honors the plate
with its presence.

The leeks lay limp
but ready to comply;
what lives; what dies
to live again. The prayer
of thanksgiving is said.

And each is consumed
with a drop of wine,
a blood-red sacrifice
for the love of garlic.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.301] 2007-10-18

ME:

I actually got up at a reasonable hour. I am now sleeping under my feather blanket and closed the window. Too warm! May need to open it again. *Smile*

Got an e-mail from a friend in Bismarck. I would like to visit.

Today is liver-and-onions day. Will I make it in time?

Odd thoughts
not quite congealed into poetic sketches or sump-thing:

Kid rock does the waffle-scuffle, shuffles out the jail-house door

bearing down, borne up

the 'Frog Hour'

Postcard from Penn's Sylvania: Dear Vlad. Val was very good. I saved her head. She's chilling in the cooler next to the lettuce (don't grope by shape, look first). I gave her bones to Everett. He's chewing on her now ...

Big Joe: he got his wish to be little; his ashes fit in a box. (memorial was yesterday).

BLOGVILLE:

PastVoices is dealing with an old neck injury on top of all the other pain. She could use a phone call or note.

martha-lisa is a newbie. Another blogger spilling out the difficulties of death, family and co-workers. Two well written entries. More to come I hope.

Jongleur is also a newbie. Her blog has a totally different tone that is better read than described. Her most recent entry speak of chakras, but her first two are from the perspective of Betty, who although she is no longer 'with us' refuses to go away. (she's got a lot of wisdom to say)

Kansas: a cool 45º at 10 a.m. and sparkling shiney skies.
585

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544445-Sara-Shooms-seder