*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544050-Brick-by-brick-byline-for-Lynn-Donahue-author
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#544050 added October 24, 2007 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Brick by brick byline (for Lynn Donahue, author)
Brick by brick byline

         for Lynn Donahue

Lynn built bars and buildings brick by brick,
her union card in hand, two men in tow,
bionic-woman-death-bed blessed. She wrote the book.

What can be found in Life's short Book?
This brash bright broad, this stack of bricks
could twist a finger, crush a toe,

but chose to show respect instead. Men towed
her level mortared lines and booked
success. Lynn built her story brick-by-brick,

neat Boston bricks in rows that tow
fine lines, her byline bound in books.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.317] 2007-10-23

Well, a plethora of 'b's. No lack of alliteration with this one! *Laugh* Try reading this tritina out loud. *Smile*

I couldn't find a website for her foundation. *Frown* It's: Brick by Brick Community Organization in New Bedford, Massachusetts. (508.990.9090) She read us a beautiful poem at the end of her talk yesterday written by someone who was in prison and has since gotten out and up with the foundations report. Always nice to know that someone-out-there helps poets. *Delight*

If you put in Brick by Brick and Lynn Donahue you can check out the book at Amazon.com

ME:

Went to Henry's last night and gave Carol a nice copy of her poem "Lipstick. I wrote it January 10th so it has had a 9 month (plus) gestation. Still not happy about the flow, but I like the opening and ending.

Met a young woman from Costa Rica and chatted about the Chilean poet Clemente Riedemann and about Tico language and culture (not much has changed in 30 years).

And a young man from Riley, KS who plays the snare drums for KU's band. We talked about OSU in Stillwater and his plan to learn Chinese. He works for a fireworks company, is a business major and also works at KU Med Center trauma unit ...

Do I meet fascinating people?

BLOGVILLE:


Wren has some beautiful photos of from her trip "Yellowstone photos and a great tribute to Bud "Sorry to say goodbye

If you know about marketing, please visit Vivian . Entry "Marketing gives what she is doing ... what more to do? Also, go to "Workshop and Signing for a picture of Vivian at a recent booksigning. She'll be in Shawnee, Oklahoma this weekend for the Red Dirt Book Festival.

Joanna Hills has a new 8 week old Abysinnian, Ethel. Harry seems jealous ... She's been having problems with her camera and uploading images. Anyone out there who can help?

*Barbara Maria* may be moving to Oregon *Shock* and could use some help maintaining her account before the end of November.

The October issue of the Blogville News is here: "Invalid Entry

Kansas: 57 awesome blue-sky degrees at noon. No frost yet and maybe not till November. Late this year.
563

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544050-Brick-by-brick-byline-for-Lynn-Donahue-author