*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542082-Todays-News-is-EEEEWS
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#542082 added October 16, 2007 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Today’s News is EEEEWS!
The news today, so far what I came across, is eeeews, and it is all happening inside the asylum called planet earth.

No, I am not talking of oil hitting $88 a barrel or China getting mad at US for honoring Dalai Lamai or the newly formed love relation between Putin and Ahmedi Necat and neither am I referring to the election rigmarole nor to what is going on in the Middle East.

The following shocked me, sort of, and entertained to a degree possibly in a sick way, *Rolleyes* but then I never claimed to be 100% sane.

News Numero Uno comes from India:

”Human waste can help save planet: Indian expert
Oct 16 10:11 AM US/Eastern
A cheap system to recycle human waste into biogas and fertiliser may allow 2.6 billion people in the world access to toilets and reduce global warming, an Indian environmental expert said Tuesday.

He said India's contribution would be a toilet system that organically breaks down faeces into trapped biogas that can be burned to provide cooking fuel and electricity, and convert urine into fertiliser.

The organisation is dedicated to providing toilets to nearly 730 million people in India who lack them.”


I worry that, next, we will be outsourcing our toilet problems, needs, and solutions to India as “Long Distance Flush.” Wouldn’t that be a long way to go? Before our smarties get into action, I hope they reconsider the consequences for those of us who cannot wait too long in toilet lines.


News Number Two:

”Top Lakeland restaurant serves up Peking duck-style squirrel pancakes.”


This comes from Great Britain. Well, if the English suddenly found a need to outdo the French in cuisine, they’d better leave the roadkill alone. I think I’ll order bread and water instead, Thank You!
See for yourselves:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=4879...


News Number Three: Good old US East Coast

School wants contraceptives for 11 year olds; no parental notification...

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=140910&ac=PHnws

Ohhhh BOY! I have a good mind not to touch this one at all, but couldn’t the kids just be handed out a Barbie doll instead and told to mind the curfew?

News Number Four: From PA

“West Scranton woman could face up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $300 for allegedly shouting profanities at an overflowing toilet while inside her Luzerne Street home.

Dawn Herb, whose potty mouth caught the attention of an off-duty police officer, was charged with disorderly conduct recently, prompting her to fire off a letter to the editor and vow to fight the charge.

“It doesn’t make any sense. I was in my house. It’s not like I was outside or drunk,” said Ms. Herb, who resides at 924 Luzerne St. along with her four young children. “A cop can charge you with disorderly conduct for disrespecting them?”


http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18920981&BRD=2185&PAG=461&d...

Truth be told, I can’t think of any woman who wouldn’t at least think of a few profanities, if her toilet did the overflowing trick. While at it, why don’t they put in jail all the women and men who get ticked off at overflowing toilets? That certainly would clean the streets.

I don’t dare to read any other news today. I seriously worry about what may come next. Maybe I’ll get off line, turn off the TV, and hide inside my bed.

Prozac, anyone?



© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542082-Todays-News-is-EEEEWS