*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540781-Peshasta-aka-Peshastin-WA
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#540781 added October 10, 2007 at 3:55pm
Restrictions: None
Peshasta a.k.a. Peshastin, WA
Peshasta


On the edge of green,
hills rise dun-hued above Peshasta,
wide spot in the road that splits
the apple orchards' core.
Were it not for wells and streams
these too would vanish like the ghosts
of sagebrush that now dot forgotten plots,
worn by wind, their dreams
of wealth obliterated.
Among the apples glowing green
there wends a wide spot in the path:
Peshasta.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.272] 2007-10-05

I swear I saw signs that said Peshasta, but can only find the spelling Peshastin on line. New/old spellings? It is in Chelan County between Leavenworth and Wenatchee.

A photo of Peshastin, Washington:

http://www.ncwpics.com/ncw/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=4588

Me:

I feel better than yesterday. But still *Yawn*.

My sister liked the poem I wrote about her granddaughter and posted a few days ago. She wants me to do a hand-written copy on parchment ...

The edited version can be reviewed at: "La Bella Vita and pays 1,000 gps for a limited time. *Bigsmile*

The poem for her husband though needs reworking.

IMAGES:

Water gurgling through the ditch; a flock of seagulls, wings back-lit; two hawks soaring low. A flicker with a seed in its jaws; a startled sparrow. Puddles drying to mud to dust.

BLOGVILLE:

Just Jamie is dealing with toddler molars and vomit ... messy ...
Dawn Embers is still debating in Utah and the surrounding states, including Wyoming and Nevada.
Mr.Monk- GPs for the poor speaks of hotrodding ... 172 mph? and suicide of young folks.
*Barbara Maria* is dealing with issues of trust within the family, specifically porn.
AL has a wierd cat that plays with turds? What's weird about that? *Laugh*

Kansas: 55º this clear and crisp morning.
315

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/540781-Peshasta-aka-Peshastin-WA