*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538568-The-Secret-Weapon
by twin1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1325520
It's a magical story full of adventure friendship love and new worlds.
#538568 added September 29, 2007 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
The Secret Weapon
Just as King Feken had said sweet chimes awakened Gabby but the unsolved mystery was where they came from, of course only to Gabby.
         She sighed hopelessly after she realized she was still in what she thought was to be only a mare dream and faced the facts that she was truly living a pure nightmare.
Life is underestimated. It’s all a fantasy if looked at from the right angles.
         She stepped out of her bed remembering that the prince could be at her door any precise moment. Gabby didn’t like the thought of spending so much time with a total stranger. Something about him was familiar but is that a good thing. A bad feeling was slowly creeping around her gut.
         As she was cleaning up she noticed an algae covered mirror hanging upon the wall. Once she wiped away the filth she found an unfamiliar being standing before her. Her new form was almost breath taking for her own self, she now had an over powering alien beauty. Her skin was slick and appeared quite tanned. Her whole figure had changed from the normal original Gabby, the Gabby that had never faced so many trials and brutal mind and body experiences. Now she had a broad yet slim body traced with muscle. Her unique chin line had bolted forward and her eyes showed confidence, boldness, and true perseverance.  She was a new person yet some where inside she was the same old Gabby.
Her auburn hair had long knotted and coincidently there happened to be a brush hanging near by. She plucked it off and ran her fingers threw the ruff bristles, and then began stroking it threw her mess eventually reforming long strait stringy strands of hair that elegantly swayed with the light swoosh of the water. 
The moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. As that bad feeling finally began twisting her gut as she left threw the conk door.  As she appeared in the dark hall her eyes adjusted on a figure, whom she assumed was the prince, standing near by. But his face was hidden in the shadows once again.
Finally he spoke but merely whispered, “The carriage is awaiting us, out side. Follow me and be sure to keep quite so not to disturb the royals sleep.”
Gabby followed as ordered but kept a fare distance. But his hidden identity made her feel uneasy and lost.
Once they reached the door he stopped waiting for her to meet up with him and as she reached to open the door the prince grabbed her arm pulling her towards him. Gabby’s heart stopped beating with shock as he whispered in to her ear with a deep voice and nervous hesitations. 
“Once you discover who I am, don’t speak anything of the night we once met or there will be horrible consequences. Now that there is war close, ears are listening everywhere.”
         Gabby grasped with overwhelming curiosity and whispered back.
         “You must be mistaken, how could you have once met me, you are not from my world.”
         He just stepped back ignoring her and headed for the door.
         There’s something very wrong here!
         As the door cracked open and a faint light reviled his face gabby’s body went limb from shock and confusion.
         It’s Warrien, the young man whom saved my life in the mountains, but how?
         He looked at her with a stern face, he seemed like a totally different person then the man she once had met.  No, that can’t be him!
         Then the strangest thing happened for a few seconds there eyes crossed each other and her decision was reassured. She saw that same other guy threw them. She had never forgotten his eyes there’s just something so much bigger reflecting deep within them.
         She wished to ask questions. So many questions, why and how, but then remembered the extreme warning he had given.
         So she fell awkwardly silent and her head slowly sunk down.
         Then the door was pushed fully opened and an amazing carriage lifted her spirits.
It had a thin stone foundation surrounded by giant shells decorated with shiny white pearls and grassy sea carnations. But what was most extravagant was the huge killer whale floating gracefully harnessed to the carriage, ready to carry them away. After opening the all most invisible door and getting in to the carriage warrien and Gabby sat side by side on a large bench like seat. After a brief silence Warrien pulled out a strange bag handing it to Gabby. When she opened it she found her dagger just the way she left it and a foreign belt holder.
         “There’s a spell protecting it from any water damage. Even though it’s harder to use in water it’ll come to great use.”
         “But how did you get this I left it on shore?”
         “Arnada retrieved it last night for you and added the belt as a touch of her own.”
         Then Gabby lifted up the belt exclaiming, “How does this go together.”
         Warrien grabbed the belt from her and slipped it around her waist. She could feel his warm hands brushing up against her cold bare skin. Then he connected it by her right side by pressing the ends together where they became one. The medal case rested comfortably on her hip. She then gently placed the dagger where it now belonged.
         Then also she found the bag wasn’t yet empty she reached in and pulled out a container of that red seaweed.
         Then Warrien said, “Eat plenty because you never know when we will be able to eat again. Besides that seaweed is very nutritious you could last for weeks after eating a good amount.”
         Suddenly Gabby began gulping it down with great satisfaction. Then she felt as the carriage had thrust forward, then began swiftly gliding threw the water.
         Gabby then asked, “so what is the secret weapon and where are we going.” 
         “We are going to travel threw the dark sea to the Mirama Trench. It’s a huge slit in the ocean floor and at the deepest part Kraken can be found sleeping. He’s are only chance at winning.
         “Who is Kraken? I think I’ve heard of this monster,” asked Gabby.
         “ It’s the giant squid that before he hid himself in hibernation he brought fear and suffering to the ocean. Even devoured hundreds of ships that came upon its path.”
         Then Gabby asked. “But what help will it do if he kills us all.”
         “Well, that’s where you’re wrong, we have found that mermaids are invisible to him. We don’t know how or why we just are. So we have put together a sneaky war tactic. Then hopefully together we can destroy Damen once were rid of all the others.”
         Gabby shrugged trying to take in all the information then asked more questions.
         “So who’s on, whose side?”
         “Well, Agias has our whole civilization of 22,000 to help fight, besides the children they will be hidden secretly under ground. The dolphins and whales are also willing to fight on are side. But most importantly we will fight using the Talith power. We don’t really have that great of a chance with out our secret weapon. So everyone’s lives our resting in our hands.”
         “Well, who’s on Damen’s side?”
         “From what we’ve heard they’re very dangerous and powerful. He only has an army of 16,000 betrayers, but they all ride upon the backs possessed creatures. Some believe he captured them from the underworld itself. We also believe he captured a shan’gyen sea serpent, they breath a gust of black acid to kill there enemies. But the ones he captured should be only a little older than babies for not even Damen would dare capture a full grown one.  He also has the sharks on his side which is naturally are enemies although these sharks are possessed and controlled by him himself. But… even all that Damen has is no match for the 1,760 yards of Kraken… so hopefully Damen will not find the secret of breaking the stone for he is already powerful enough.”
         Gabby just shrugged with dismay of everything. What have I gotten myself into!
         “Well, where is this Dark Sea?”
         “It’s about a three week journey, well be racing time. We only have a month before the war will begin and Alea will awaken” 
         There conversation went quite and they both just sat there in the dark swaying to the carriages wake.
         Everything gabby had just been told was racing a million miles and hour threw her head yet surprisingly it subsided and she found her self only pondering of Warrien. 
         What a coincident that Warrien was the one man whom happened to save my life and now I’ve found out that he’s a mermaid prince and the one guy I will have to spend all of my long days with on a dangerous journey.  The prince I’ve seen here is so confident and serious, just the way he stand so straight and tall. Not only is his appearance different but his personality. The way he presents himself is so different that’s not the man I met in the mountains. Then he was serious yet his face showed ease and for no reason at all a smile would appear between his dimples. Then he seemed so much happier but now he seems like a warrior holding something way deep inside; like a hurt slowly eating away at his heart.
         Gabby nearly jumped when Warrien finally broke the silence talking with a stern voice.
         “We are now a few yards from Agias rock so grab all of your things, we will be traveling by fin for now on. It will draw less attention to us. We will be traveling the rest of the day threw the sea grass.”
         Then Gabby felt the carriage some to a full halt. As Gabby swam out of the carriage opening she found herself in a world of green. Everywhere she looked trees and vines of never ending sea grass surrounded her.  She was a little comforted to find traveling fish darting threw the maze of nature.
         Once Warrien was standing by her side the carriage appeared to be only a speck in the distance. Then they began swimming ahead to where Warrien had found a narrow open trail.  I would hate to get lost in this place thought Gabby with a frown.
         As she swam branches of seaweed slapped her back and arms. It was unpleasant and itchy. Gabby already wanted to scream. After they had been at it for many irritating hours, Gabby tried talking to Warrien to distract herself since it was awkwardly silent.
         “I am very grateful that you brought my dagger but I was wondering cant I use the power of the Talith.”
         Warrien kept his body facing forward not even glimpsing at Gabby as she spoke, but he did respond this time.
         “Yes, but you haven’t yet learned to use it. It takes a lot of training and practice to perfect.
         “Well, wont you teach me.”
         “I guess since we’ll be doing a lot of traveling and there’s nothing else to do.”
                   Then he stopped talking and then looked towards Gabby.
         “Besides you know you may have to face Damen on your own.”
         Gabby gulped at the thought of facing that monster. She never realized how endangered she was and that if she were to run into Damen she would be killed.
         Then suddenly Gabby fell silent starring at the ground.
         “What’s bothering you,” asked Warrien with no concern in his deep voice.
                   Gabby looked up and asked, “I’ve been thinking about it and I was wondering how did I receive the symbol?”
         Warrien stopped swimming for a brief moment then continued as he quickly and firmly answered, “I have no idea how.”
         Gabby glanced strangely at him with a confused face.
         “But that night when you healed my wound a faint serpent scar appeared resembling the serpent symbol…”
         “Why are you babbling, if you ever want to learn to use your Talith powers we need to begin now,” butted in Warrien cutting her off.
         Gabby’s jaw snapped closed with anger and embarrassment. Why is he acting so different? If this is his true self I’d rather go on this mission alone. Or wait is it because of his warning but that was just until we where out of Agias. There couldn’t possibly be anyone around to hear what we say. For some reason he doesn’t want to talk about the night we met, but why? Gabby promised her self not to speak of any of the such, until the right precise moment.
         “Okay, but what power does the Talith hold, what will I learn to do?”
         “ The Talith’s power is based on the elements of the sky and weather. Our powers consist of temperature, fire, wind, electric charge, participation, and change or affect in the weather. Also you will find your own true gift or power that you are destined to have.”
         “It seems to be quite complicated,” announced Gabby, her eyes big with excitement.
         “Yes. Now I will teach you how to find the power, so listen very closely. You have to reach past your outer being and deep into your mind and soul. You will discover a greater strength and power, something new and diverse is residing with in you, you just have to find it. It’s the power that has been lying dormant ever since the time you received the symbol on your arm. Once you breach and perceive the power you have to combine it with the positive energy in the air releasing it threw any part of your body, But all the while you have to envision and meditating on what you wish to do… You see it is very complicated but you will soon master it. There is only so much Talith that you can use and once its gone, its gone until it can recover and build its self back to its true strength. Also the first time you release the power threw your body it enhances all your keen abilities. They become sharper, faster and stronger. You will even be able to make them better and better. First of all I will teach you how to throw your dagger with unbelievable speed and precise control and direction.”
         “Well, could you show me?” 
         Warrien dived down to the ocean’s sandy floor bring back with him a tiny pebble. He tossed it up and down in his palm then he stood straight up and meditated his whole body. Then unexpectedly he jolted his hand forward sending the pebble flying threw the water at an extraordinary speed Gabby noticed that it had hit something far in the distance. Once they reached the spot a tiny fish was floating dead in the water, a hole followed threw its body right where its heart used to be.
         “How amazing you have perfect aim.”
         He just kept swimming with an even cockier stride.
         “What other wonders can you do?” asked Gabby curiously. 
         “I told you, our powers consist of temperature, fire, wind, electric charge, participation, and change or affect in the weather. These things can be used and transformed in many different ways. Then everyone who has the power receives a special ability of his or her own. It just takes time before you figure out what it is.”
         “Oh, have you found yours.”
         “Yes, but your not suppose to tell anyone your advantages.”
         Gabby blushed with embracement, “Oh yes of course.”
         Then Warrien exclaimed, “ Well for today I want you to do what I said before and release the power threw your body but know that once you do you will never be the same.”
         Gabby just nodded with intensity. She tried to remember everything he said and closed her eyes to focus better. Then she began searching threw her mind. At first all she could see in her mind where thoughts and memory’s, so then she pushed deeper and deeper until out of the darkness she saw a speck of light but it was unclear, Gabby began to wonder if it was even really there, if her mind was playing tricks on her since she was searching so intently for something new and diverse. Then the speck transformed into a bright light as she tried to reach into it she found an invisible barrier stopping her. So she pulled together strength in her mind and pierced threw the invisible block as the bright light exploded in her mind. She could fill it slowly overtaking her body and was overwhelmed with excruciating pain. Then she passed out and her body went motionless. 
         
© Copyright 2007 twin1 (UN: heathertwin1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
twin1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538568-The-Secret-Weapon