*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538559-The-Last-Chapter-Its-only-the-beginning
by twin1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1325520
It's a magical story full of adventure friendship love and new worlds.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#538559 added September 29, 2007 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Last Chapter: Its only the beginning
Gabby opened her eyes; she was cold and wet, in human form once again. As she sat up in the sand her heavy soaked robe weighed her whole body down.
What happened?
Once she took a look around she noticed Warrien unconscious in human form.
She stumbled over next to him shouting, “Warrien wake up… Where is Alea, Is she died?”
His eyes never opened but he was breathing. 
“What happened,” whimpered Gabby as tears trickled down her sticky face.
Gabby felt so lost and confused; she just helplessly tucked her head between her knees and wept.  I’ve failed, after all I’ve done, she’s gone.
“Princess Gabriella,” shouted a kind calm voice from the waves.
As she looked up she noticed Arnada swaying with the water.
“ Where is Alea,” begged Gabby.
“Don’t worry she’s safe.”
Gabby smiled, “really, where is she?”
“Warrien risked his life to save her, when he realized she was out of time he used all the Talith power within him and the stone… All he thought about with all his heart and soul was finding a way for Alea to live… and you must remember you never know what to expect with magic, its very dangerous.  But what happened was Alea and Warrien switched places. Alea will forever be a mermaid and Warrien forever human. It was fate for this to happen.”
Gabby didn’t know what to think, Alea a mermaid then she smiled, “Alea will be so happy, she is finally everything she always wanted to be. She has always loved the ocean and I’m just happy she’s alive. It will be no different then if she had moved to live in Dumond. Oh this is wonderful.”
“That’s right,” replied Arnada. “And once her body and soul recovers you can come visit. But now you need to go home and recover yourself… And I expect Warrien is going with you. It seems he is very fond of you… and I respect you myself, you are a true warrior. You defeated Damen and saved to of the greatest Kingdom’s in all the world… I guess some humans are good after all… Now listen I have sent a message to your father he should now everything and a carriage should be arriving soon.”
But my father will never believe what happened how do you know he will send a carriage.”
“Oh trust me he will believe, lets just say we’ve met before.”
“It seems like there’s a lot I have to ask my father… THANKS for everything.”

Gabby could here the sound of wheels crushing the rocks and trotting hooves. It was a sound she never though could make her so happy.
Arnada began to swim away as she shouted, “goodbye for now.”
Gabby quickly exclaimed,” Wait. Tell Alea I love her and miss her.”
Arnada smiled and nodded. Then with a sparkle of her tail disappeared, just as the carriage appeared in view.

She ran over to Warrien however he still wasn’t awake.
“Over here,” she shouted, as the carriage stopped next to them and two armed men stepped out respectfully and bowed.
“Princess Gabriella its good to see you now lets get you home.”
Gabby smiled agreeing and went to help get Warrien when she noticed something walking towards her in the dark. Then she realized it was Mourtaug the cat and somehow he had found her again. She walked over to him and noticed all her old bag lying next to him. How did this get here? She glimpsed around to see if anyone else was around but there was no one.
“Come on Mourtaug you can come home with me,” exclaimed Gabby picking up her bag and strolling back to the carriage with the cat scampered behind her in agreement.

Finally Gabby and Warrien slept resting on the floor of the carriage covered in blankets and the two men wiped the horses to go as fast as there hooves could take them.
Mourtaug was sitting anxiously on the bench next to them as if to protect them from any mishaps.
         Gabby couldn’t sleep instead she rolled over and stared into Warrien’s pale yet appealing face. She stretched out her hand and gently stroked his cold damp cheek. When slowly he opened his weary eyes, confused he stared up at Gabby.
         “ Thank you Warrien you have saved my sister’s life.”
         “What happened, where is she?” he whispered.
         “The Talith power saved her by the two of you switching places. You finally have what you’ve always wanted, you can be human forever and if you want you can come to stay with me in Philmar… If that’s what you want.”
         Warrien smiled and whispered, “I never thought that this is what fate had for us, its strange how all the hard times in life work out into a great purpose, and leads to a happy ending.”
         “ So I’m guessing that’s a yes.”
         “ Of course.”

         Then suddenly the carriage came to a sudden halt, they had finally reached the great gate.
         “ Where almost home,” whispered Gabby with relief.

         Once they reached the castle Gabby impatiently waited for the men to open the door, anxious to get out.
         As she stepped out she was in awe of the beautiful view. As she looked down out over all the land, the sun had just begun to rise and painted the sky with soft pastels. She never had realized how much she had missed Philmar until now, as she looked out over what would one day be all hers.
         Warrien stood next to her enjoying everything just as much. They both had a new out look on everything or perhaps life.
         Together they walked towards the door it was heaved opened and she walked into the comfort of the familiarities of home with a deep breath.
         Then she saw her father quickly walking towards them and suddenly she had the strength to run. As fast as she could she jumped into his arms as he swung her around with pure joy.
         He exclaimed, “I thought I’d never see you again.”
         “Father I told you I’d be back, I promised you that, and Alea’s alive and happier than ever.”
         “ Yes I heard.”
         “ Father, how do you know Arnada?”
         “It’s a long story and I see that there are a lot of things I never told anyone and you of all people deserve to know,” he mumbled with shame in his face.
         “Its okay I know what you did and I forgive you.”
         He smiled and nodded, “As soon as you get washed up, a good meal, and some rest, your going to have to tell me your whole adventure, of how you saved Philmar.”
         “I will, but I couldn’t have done it with out Warrien,” she exclaimed pointing excitedly at Warrien as he stepped forward and bowed.
         King Avin interrupted exclaiming, “No, I should be bowing to you,” and he respectfully bent down.
         “Now come Warrien I will take you to your new room. And maids see to it that my princess gets everything she wants, but make sure she rests,” he exclaimed smiling.


         Finally she was clean, feed, and ready to jump into her bed as she opened the door to her room.  As she stared around at all her and Alea’s old stuff remembering all there great memories together.
         Then as she glimpsed into her mirror she almost didn’t recognize her self. Oh how much she had changed. She was a new being and ready to be queen, especially now that she had the Talith power.
         
As she pulled out all the familiar dirty clothes and jewels out of the beat up leather bag all the newly made memories made with Warrien came floating back. She sat the dagger and Arnada’s hair clip on her dresser and most importantly Alea’s necklace that had given her hope and strength when she wished to give up. I’ll have to take that back to her when we visit.
Then she grabbed the wet but still beautiful robe Mrs. Margret had given her and admired it for a time. When she noticed a name sewn into the back in silver thread that she had never noticed before. Elizabeth.
Could their daughter have been my mother? I knew I had recognized most of her stories. That would mean I’ve met my long lost grandparents. Oh I can’t wait to go back!
Then she was interrupted by a light knock on the door. When she opened it she was surprised to find Warrien bathed and trimmed in clean silk clothes.
“What are you doing here?”
“It’s weird not being together, after having the same person next to you for so long. I couldn’t sleep with out saying goodnight.”
Gabby smiled.


“You know its weird how much me and you have changed and how different life is. Only a couple months ago I was a boring normal person, but now I’m not even sure what to call myself. I am a fierce, smart, brave woman and I have great powers and amazing abilities.”
“You have always been different and had a special power that not a lot of people can find in a life time. You know how the first night we met you told me that there was something that kept giving you strength and hope when you felt like you couldn’t go any further.”
“Yes.”
“Well, the love you had for your sister is what kept you going. That’s one of the strongest weapons you could ever have, love.”
Gabby nodded, “You always know the right thing to say.”
“Goodnight Gabby,” whispered Warrien leaning towards her ear then smoothly    kissed her on the cheek.
Gabby laughed and whispered back, “Goodnight.” She couldn’t stop smiling as she watched Warrien walk out the door.
Then exhausted she turned around to turn the light out so that she could go to bed when she noticed something glowing by her window that wasn’t there before. She ran over to it grinning once she realized what it was. A gold egg shaped container decorated with gems and diamonds. It resembled something like a jewelry box, and it had four stubby stands, carved in the shape of dragonheads, on the bottom holding it up straight.
It rested obliviously by the window. Next to it was a latched ancient book and a note sat on top. She opened it and read. For Gabriella Only, for some reason you are the chosen one. And this book will guide you. Remember it’s just the beginning of the great adventure, sincerely with a magical touch, Sage Anya.

                                       

         




© Copyright 2007 twin1 (UN: heathertwin1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
twin1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538559-The-Last-Chapter-Its-only-the-beginning