*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538283-In-the-Dogs-house
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#538283 added September 28, 2007 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
In the Dog's house?
In the Dog's house?

The dog called.
He wants his house back:
his slant green roof,
his cozy corner,
his torn up rag of rug.
He wants your hugs
and playing ball
and scratches on his belly.
He misses your warm pets.
He left this message:
Have you bought her roses?
Made up yet?
She drives me nuts:
yelling when I chewed her shoe,
throwing out my favorite toy.
Hey, old boy!
I'm due.
Here's my number.
Call me back by two.
I want my doghouse back.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.261] 2007-09-28

Based on an ad for roses in the Men's room in Abertson's grocery store in Monroe.

         The dog called.
         He wants his house back.

I'm amused. My sister just called up the stairs to tell me that Hontas, the cat, needed affection. How I'm supposed to type with cat-on-my-lap is another issue. She got wet last night and didn't sleep with me as long as usual. She's a warm orange-and-white purr.

Sushi is expensive. I ordered unagi, ika and uni last night at Toyoda's in Lake City and they brought me abalone too. I loved the unagi (eel), but the ika (squid) was crisp with spicy rice (I think I like it deep fried better). The uni (sea urchin) was wrapped in kelp (?) and looked like brown vomit so I just ate that without thinking. The taste was okay. The abalone was a thin crisp sliver and fine. I liked the green tea, the soup and the atmosphere. Next time? More unagi, maybe tuna and something I haven't tried before (always).

We saw "To kill a Mockingbird" at the Intimen Theatre in Seattle. The set was fantastic; the acting was great. Scout Finch is the lead role, a tomboy wonderfully captured by a dressed down Keaton Whittaker (age 11). Nick Robinson (age 12) lit up a few scenes as an exhuberant Jem Finch. David Bishins captured the understated, plodding nature of Atticus Finch. I liked the humor of various supporting actresses.

Fortunately I was forwarned about the single gunshot so my nerves weren't shattered. The thunderstorm felt real somehow. The single solitary streetlamp captured the smallness and poverty of a rural Alabama town circa 1935 to a tee. There was good attention to details. Even the intermission was well done.

So ... I had a real good time.

Monroe, Washington: 51º at 11 a.m. It poured last night, but I've seen some blue today, this 2nd day of the month of Will (as in Will of God).
139

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538283-In-the-Dogs-house