*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537718-things-that-get-lost
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#537718 added September 25, 2007 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
things that get lost
I hate it when I misplace something. It absolutely drives me bonkers when it's the book I'm reading. I feel like throwing a tantrum. Bill has the same problem, so when either of us sends up the alarm, the other goes to town helping hunt. (Now there's an expression I haven't used in a coon's age: goes to town. Those are both "oldspeak," aren't they?)

Worse yet, I've lost two books that were together, and they were borrowed, with underlining and notes in the margins. The kind of books you don't lose.

The last time I saw them, I was planning to read some of one to Bill, and sooner, to look on line to see if I could find a cheap copy. So, logically, they should be in the office by Bill's computer, or in the living room by the laptop. Nope.

So, because I need to give them back tomorrow night, I need to spend the rest of the evening hunting. I don't even remember the names of them! But I'll know them when I see them. Wish me luck.

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537718-things-that-get-lost