*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536720-Boycotting-Chinese-imports
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#536720 added September 21, 2007 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
Boycotting Chinese imports
I can’t believe it! CNBC just said a major toy company is apologizing to China for China’s goof up with the poisonous toys. Who’s supposed to apologize to whom?

If I poisoned my neighbor, should his wife apologize to me?

The gist of the apology is: “Maybe part of the problem is our design flaw.”

Such poor reasoning. Luckily, my children are grown up; otherwise they wouldn’t be getting any toys from that company or anything with the “made in China” insignia on it.

Then, this is not the first thing from China that is unhealthy or flawed. “Let me count the ways…” Except love has nothing to do with it.

Apologizing to China? That does it; I’m not buying anything from China anymore. I know some things can’t be helped; China has stuck its foot in each dish we have on our table, but I can at least omit it to the degree that I can.

Why is American business kowtowing to China so mindlessly? Shouldn’t it be the other way? Isn’t it time we put our foot down and ban at least some of the Chinese imports if for nothing but for our own safety?

Also, isn't it a form of terrorism when the commerce of one country poisons people of other countries with its exports? Is this the kind of global market China as a country approves?

Well, I don’t know about the US government, but with my purchases, I am boycotting China…as much as I can.





© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536720-Boycotting-Chinese-imports