*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536296-Blargh-Nothing-really-to-say
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#536296 added September 19, 2007 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Blargh... Nothing really to say...
Yup, a little brain dead am I. Sorry for the meager pickings today.

Guck...Being a flightly writer [(c) me] is quite the interesting challenge. I tried writing with outlines before, and while I do still have a general idea of where the story is going, I basically threw all those outlines out the window and just started writing. I still had all my character development, still had all that work I had done for forever and ever. So that is all safe. But then I just sat down and went "WHEEE!" and started writing. It can be a relief sometimes, because I don't have to stress about staying exactly on my outline (which I know you don't always have to do, but I tend to), but it can also be a pain, because the weirdest things happen and until I start editing, I have to go "Well... I started it. I might as well finish it through."

Sometimes that mentality is good: it opens up some really cool stuff. But at the same time, you can drag the line only so far and then you look back and say "what the h***?" At least I do.

So right now, my life is balanced between "ooh! that's brilliant!" and "holy cow, what was I on?" Actually at this point, it's probably leaning more towards the latter. I guess that's my own fault, but that gives me total whining rights. I can't blame anybody but myself, but I can blame myself quite loudly.

Anyway, on a side note: I got my permit last Wednesday! *whoot* Don't know why it took me so long to remember that here. I drove the entire way home from school today, went through my first traffic light, my first four-way stop, and my first time on a road with two lanes going the same way. And with traffic !Yay me! Up til now it's been backroads with no one on them really early in the morning. At least I get lots of practice with the curves. Anyhoo, very proud of myself. *praise me!* *praise me!*

Oh, and I just uploaded 26 of "Ocean of Tears" on FP! Yay me!

Alrighty "ta" now... I guess I said a little more than nothing really, but I told you I was a flighty writer.

~SilverGryphon
http://www.fictionpress.com/~gryphonfledglingofsilverwings

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536296-Blargh-Nothing-really-to-say