*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534272-dripsnortdrip
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#534272 added September 10, 2007 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
drip...snort....drip
This is probably my only chance to blog today because it's time to start supper and I have a meeting to go to tonight. The day offered nothing particularly bloggable, every activity being punctuated with sneezing, dripping and snuffing. It came on suddenly, feels like allergies. Last year I'd have a day or so of it every few weeks minimum, but now it's been months since my last attack. Nothing seems to help it, although going to the garden to pick tomatoes made it worse. So much grass seed and pollen in the air!

Bill finally got the ceiling lights up in the living room yesterday, and they look very nice. The old ones were made of vertical sheets of smoky plastic, so 70's. Or was that 80's? Anyway, outdated.

Did I tell you the clock on the oven broke? It began to make a terrible, continual squeal, and I was afraid something might catch on fire, not to mention that it was nerve-wracking. So Bill disconnected it permanently. Pity that I no longer have a way to start a roast while I'm at work, or even clean the oven (other than by hand!) Darn, ovens are expensive though, and every new kitchen has full size stoves instead of cooktops and built-in ovens that are a better height for getting hot juicy pans in and out of. Why is that, do you suppose? Why would people rather have a stove with that old fashioned hood over it? I love my Jenn-Air cooktop with the built-in fan that sucks the smoke down and out.

Darn, the kitchen was the one room I wasn't planning to have to redo before we're ready to sell and move. Now every room needs fixing and/or updating. Sniff.


© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534272-dripsnortdrip