*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530513-Living-the-World-a-Better-Place
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#530513 added August 25, 2007 at 1:05am
Restrictions: None
Living the World a Better Place
I was uplifted today listening to a taped talk by Marianne Williamson. She reminds me to choose mental life, not mental death. Every word and action turned toward life is so much more than a noble stance. It is a reaffirming of the God-given purpose for each of us. And, I wish to set an intention; to do this work in my work also. An uplifting consciousness shows that I am doing my best, not treating work, or the requests that come in serving customers as drudgery. The work at a newspaper, in whatever department, is serving the public good. I believe this. My faith in the core values of my company will not falter. The business will expand and flourish through the employee realization of our doing good for the world.

It is not only for myself, but in the hope that my co-workers too can remember that the jobs we all do are comprised of so much more than tasks. I hold all of us in this consciousness to be in the highest level of customer service and care for ourselves.

© Copyright 2007 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530513-Living-the-World-a-Better-Place