*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529377-The-sound-is-very-quiet
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#529377 added August 22, 2007 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
The sound is very quiet
We intended to fly yesterday. It would have made the short trip much faster and easier, but the weather didn't allow. The ceiling was so low in Bremerton as to make even instrument landings difficult, and the airlines were reporting some icing. That final fact made the decision firm, although Bill second guessed himself all the way over. Especially when we encountered bumper to bumper traffic for two hours across Snowqualmie Pass.

Bill is here for a conference about terrorism, particularly as it applies to transportation. There are lots of trains that go through the area where he works (and everywhere else) that are loaded with anhydrous ammonia and other potentially dangerous chemicals. He hasn't talked much about it, but I think that was the gist of it. I'll find out later.

Our motel room had a lovely view, yesterday, from the balcony of the sound (Puget). I told BIll I couldn't hear a thing, and he looked at me strangely. No sound at all, I said. Bad joke.

Well, this morning when I looked out the glass door, darned if the sound wasn't completely gone! I was quite surprised. Bill said I evidently hadn't been around the ocean much, which is not true. I've just been where there were beaches, not downtown lakes that come and go, leaving muddy holes. Now how attractive is that? I'll post a picture when I get home.



Here's a wonderful surprise I got yesterday.

Merit Badge in Grace Under Pressure
[Click For More Info]

For your latest Margot story, and it's insight to the wonderful person who wrote it.
Peace and Love
from the troubadour

This badge was given to you by:
alfred booth
troubadour

The message included is:
For your latest Margot story, and its insight to the wonderful person who wrote it.

Peace and Love

from the troubadour

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529377-The-sound-is-very-quiet