*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528310-This-Old-House
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1141791
Ummm...this is my blog. Yeah, that's it...my blog.
#528310 added August 15, 2007 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
This Old House
I like my house. I do. But I'm not sorry to be moving away from here where most homes were built pre-1850.

So Monday I was getting ready to go to work and hubby was helping get Trot ready to go to daycare. Well, the windows in our living room are probably the original ones. They have that weight system in them, but we haven't gotten around to fixing them yet so you have to use a piece of wood or some other long stick thingy to prop up the window. Hubby was in the bath room brushing his teeth and getting himself ready when he hears Trot say, "Look Daddy!" Trot has magically pulled out the stick holding up the window. Did the window shut?? Nope. But he did manage to leave a car in the window seal. So hubby is all, "Okay, son. Can you put down the stick now??" And before he can get to him, Trot reached in the window seal to get his car just in time for the window to close on his little hand. I was in the kitchen making my lunch and heard the window come crashing down and hubby running to save his little hand and then this blood curdling scream. I think if I would have been in there I would have passed out. He cried for a good 5 to 10 minutes and we were all panicked, throwing ice on it and hugging him and freaked out that bones might be broken. So we took him to get some x-rays and luckily nothing was broken. Just a bad bruise.

So I am not unhappy to see us sell this mammoth death trap. I can only imagine what would happen if we stayed here after the twins arrive. Those 3 would probably lose a limb when it's all said and done.

© Copyright 2007 Texun4ever-cabin fever (UN: abrackett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Texun4ever-cabin fever has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528310-This-Old-House