*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522830-Eight-Hours-of-My-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#522830 added July 22, 2007 at 12:57am
Restrictions: None
Eight Hours of My Life
So the postman knocks on the door and hands me my copy of Deathly Hallows, which Amazon had oh-so-kindly labeled as such right there on the packaging. "People have been stealing these from mailboxes," he explains. "Thought I'd see if you were home."

Someone's getting a tip this year.

I spent the next eight hours straight reading the thing. Right now some of you are going, "Eight hours?! That's slow! It took me four and a half!" Shut the fuck up, okay?

All I can say is, there were a few things that surprised me, and at least two major plot points that I had nailed on the head. Plus, the ending was pretty much exactly what I expected - before I saw the god-be-damned Internet spoiler brigade. Did this disappoint me? Far from it. Just as with the ending to The Dark Tower, the prediction coming to fruition increased my enjoyment.

Sadly, however, Snape does not take McGonnagal to the dungeons.

And boy, am I glad that series is over. Move along, folks - let's all find something else to obsess upon.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522830-Eight-Hours-of-My-Life