*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521720-hee-hee-back-sheepish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1188536
Ink is the strongest drug, the deepest ocean, the longest journey and the strangest love..
#521720 added July 16, 2007 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
hee hee... back... *sheepish*
Yeah... I went to my cousin's wedding and he and his wife are so cute! *squee*

Anyway, I got back Saturday night, but yesterday I was so tired and today I am so tired that I'm going to just leave this note to let everyone know I'm alive... And now I am going back to bed...

But before that, I just wanted to say that I watched "True Grit" (a John Wayne film for those people who live in caves and haven't heard of the Duke) and liked it. The first time I didn't like it, but this time I did. The girl is annoying as heck and I wanted her to die of that snakebite, but Rooster just wouldn't let that happen. In fact, the only reason that I could tolerate the girl was the relationship between Rooster and Mattie. While I wanted her to get eaten by raptors the entire time, watching John Wayne as a one eyed, weatherbeated marshal fall for that little girl was just so touching.

Granted he doesn't fall IN love with her, just learns to love her. His "baby sister" reference, while cynical in the beginning, becomes a genuine endearment. I sat there and just about fell in love myself with that grizzled old pot-bellied drunkard. But I wanted the girl to die... Her part was annoying in and of itself and was supposed to be as such, but she played it so intensely and weirdly that it just ended up unnatural.

But anyway, this was a bit longer than the short post I had intended... Sorry folks, but now I am off to bed...

~SilverGry... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

© Copyright 2007 SilverGryphon (UN: silvergryphon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SilverGryphon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521720-hee-hee-back-sheepish