*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512592-Fly-in-and-a-movie
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#512592 added June 3, 2007 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Fly-in and a movie
It's been a busy but fun day. We flew to a Beechcraft fly-in today, taking a stranger we'd just met with us. He walked up and introduced himself as we were getting the plane out of the hangar. He's just taken a job here, had a share in a Cessna 172 where he last lived and loves planes. His family is still in their old town till school is out and they sell their house there. So Bill just invited him to ride with us. It was quite a fly-in, mostly Bonanza owners but some Musketeers too. We've been there every year with our Musketeer, so knew quite a few people. It was nice for this new guy to get acquainted, and my first time to fly in the back seat. The view from there was actually better than up front, the dash being so high you can't see over it.

Today was our first 100 degree day, but it's supposed to cool off quickly during the week. It was a hot day out on the ramp and in the plane too, and we were too tired when we got home to do anything productive.

Watched the last of our three movies from BLockbuster, A Night in the Museum. I had no idea of the plot when I ordered it, expected it to be a drama, possibly a heist movie, certainly not a comedy. It was cute but nothing extraordinary. We enjoyed Queen very much. I expected it would cover more of her life than that little timespan around Diana's death, but the politics involved in the Queen's response to that was fascinating.

My garden needs weeding badly. That will be much more pleasant in a few days when the weather turns cooler again, if the weeds won't take over by then. They're still pretty small, just numerous.

We're now watching an episode of the Vicar of Dibley, and they're playing one of my favorite hymns,
"The Day That Thou Gavest Lord Is Ended." And so it is. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512592-Fly-in-and-a-movie