*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511450-63-sunnybeautiful-day
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#511450 added May 28, 2007 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
63, sunny..beautiful day
1st and foremost...today is Memorial Day in the United States. Unofficial start of summer, day of bbqs and picnics, family get togethers and parties aside...today is the day to remember all our veterans.
memorial day sig

As the granddaughter, daughter, mom and mom-in-law to American Soldiers/Veterans, as a Veteran myself and for all the heros who have served and/or fallen in defense of this great country, I remember! Today the flag should fly at half staff (unless you are on a ship--then it is half mast) until noon. At 3 pm your local time there is a National Remembrance for One minute...One minute to stop all the things we are freely able to do and to take that moment to remember and appreciate all our military have done for this country over the years!

If you go to a parade today...Please remember it is a Memorial Day Parade. For God's sake, STAND UP and SALUTE THE FLAG when it passes by!!! That is Official protocal for when the flag passes by. Remember you (if you are, of course) are an American. Set the example for showing you are proud to be one!!!!! Set the example for those who may not know. Show everyone YOU know and appreciate what it means to live freely in this country!
Nothing drives me more crazy than people being too lazy to salute our flag.

*steps off her soap box--end of rant*


© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511450-63-sunnybeautiful-day