*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510554-Bitching
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#510554 added May 23, 2007 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
Bitching
I thought I should put the last entry into perspective.

Yes, having a cold is a pain in the ass. It's nasty and miserable, and the only thing keeping me smiling is the knowledge that I probably gave it to someone who deserves it more than I do.

I'm not really bitching about it, though. Just making a gross and, hopefully, funny (to someone) blog entry.

See, on Sunday I found out that my ex-wife is in the ICU at a local hospital. She's been diagnosed with an untreatable form of pneumonia, as well as an abscess in one of her lungs. Don't ask me how that happens. I don't know.

I can't even get in to see her because I've been, well, sickly, and one of us might infect the other. Not that it matters so much, because people who have gone in to see her have said that she's so knocked out on sedatives and such that she's completely unresponsive. Just lying there motionless, kind of like when she and I - no, not even I will go there now.

I'll let you all in on a little secret. Most of you know I've said some nasty things about my ex-wife here, and in my previous blog. It's too easy a target, ex-spouse jokes. The secret, though, is that we've put all the nastiness behind us, and we get along okay. My wife gets along okay with her. Hell, a girl I dated between wives gets along okay with both of them. So to hear that she's in Critical Care, her prognosis uncertain...

Uncertain. That means she might not make it, right? Yeah. That's what it means.

Not funny.

I need her to live. Public figures aside, I don't speak ill of the dead. I want her alive so I can continue to make ex-wife jokes. Dammit. The fact that she's a single mother with a 9 year old kid who would be orphaned has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

My grandfather died of pneumonia, long ago before I was born. His son, my uncle, did too - 15 years ago.

So please take my kvetching about having a cold as mere comic relief - I consider myself lucky.

© Copyright 2007 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510554-Bitching