*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507694-Roofers
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#507694 added May 11, 2007 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Roofers
Today I wanted to write a book review, but since we have roofers on top of us working on the leftover problem from hurricane Wilma, it will have to wait, because I escaped to the other side of the house, away from my computer on account of the noise on top. I am now writing on the laptop that I take out once in a blue moon, but writing on this one is no fun.

We are lucky that the roofers are here again, before the hurricane season starts on June1, or did it already start? Remember Andrea, which has been eating at the coastline?

When it comes to roofers, people advise to get three estimates and choose the best one among them. This makes me laugh so hard...After a hurricane, you are lucky if you can get one roofer to come.

Our roof, not exactly the one on top of the house but the side roof on the extension, was totally redone after Francis and Jeanne (isn't it something that I am on a first name basis with the hurricanes!) and was refixed after Wilma, but then, we got a few drops of rain coming in inside the porch, in a season where rains are scarce and we have a serious draught to boot.

At the moment, the noise is inside the house because the extension's roof has to be reattached to the main roof. Let's hope they leave the main roof intact.

When this roofer showed up after calls to several of them in the yellow pages, I think five or maybe seven (Yellow pages because the roofers we used in the past have skipped town), my husband said okay to the price he gave, right away. "Draw up the contract," he said. Even the roofer was surprised.

I would have done the same thing though. You don't think about these things. When it comes to roofers, there is no time for contemplation. If you find a roofer around here, you hang on to him for dear life, even if they sell you the Verrazano bridge.

Not that I would buy the Verrazano Bridge...For one thing it is too far away from where I live. But then, maybe I could resell it for a week's stay in Marriott Marquis. Hotels in NYC are a hoot.

All this noise is getting to my head. I am also annoyed at myself to be hitting two keys at the same time on this laptop.

So the review for "Whale Season" and whatever I need to write on a computer has to wait.

I think I'll go sharpen my pencils now. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507694-Roofers