*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507122-Random-Thoughts-on-the-State-of-Existence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#507122 added May 8, 2007 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Random Thoughts on the State of Existence
11 Jamal 164 B.E. – Tuesday, May 8, 2007

While reviewing …
I discovered an intriguing poetry form. I don’t think I’ve encountered this form before, so naturally I’m going to attempt to use. The from is called Clerihews and some good examples are found in GeminiStar ’s port. According to the instructions, this form contains four lines rhyming A/A/B/B, uses a person’s name and has no syllable count. The intention of these poems is humor and not offence.

I travel the corridors of space and time
Looking for the perfect rhyme.


Is it just my imagination or …
do people roll their eyes and give you a disappointed concerned look when you tell them you work online. Maybe I’m being too sensitive about the looks others give me when I tell them what I do, but lately every time I tell people I make a living online the treat you like you just told them you came from Mars or Alpha Century A. They’re almost as bad when you say you’re an author and submit your creative efforts to magazines and website. Maybe when they ask I should just tell them It’s none of your damn business how I make my living. Of course, that no answer and it just pisses people off. Still if you make your living in a nontraditional manner it’s like your doing something wrong, sinful or illegal.

Why do …
some people seem to think that just because a person is over 80 or even 60, then that person is senile and incapable of taking care of themselves or making a component decision. I’ve never wanted to deal with “social workers” at any time and now I know why. You have a few problems and they want to run your life. Tell you what pets you can keep (if any) and encourage you to sell you house. I don’t like anyone telling me what to do. I don’t even care for them suggesting that maybe it would be best if ….

OK, I’ve been in a funk all day. Because there is a possibility that we’re going to have to call the pound and have them pick the cats up. That was the suggestion made. If I do that, what do I say to Mom. She isn’t going to like it done, any more than I’m going to like doing it, but if I don’t … If I don’t someone else very probably will. You get down and no one (except maybe your friends) wants to give you a chance to pull yourself up again. And if you have to ask for official help they start directing your life, telling you to “consider” calling the pound or “selling” the house because both are expensive, you could use the money for bills … acting like your never going to pull yourself out of your mess, problem or situation. Maybe I’m over reacting, maybe I’m letting my imagination run away with me, maybe I reading things into the conversation that weren’t intended. Maybe this is a plot for a short story or novel, maybe anything.

I’m not really sure if anything I’ve written makes sense right now. I know that I have to have an income and a job that I don’t have to leave the house for. Perhaps I’m under a bit a stress and am taking everything too personally.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507122-Random-Thoughts-on-the-State-of-Existence