*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504623-Now-Im-really-blue
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#504623 added April 27, 2007 at 9:02pm
Restrictions: None
Now I'm really blue
*Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry* ....... *Cry*

That settles it. We're going to have to move. After years of looking at sofas to find one that felt right, we bought one last week. I'd said no new car till I got a new sofa. I'd had that one since the kids were in grade school. I wanted leather, because Bill really does spill things, and light colored because I'd liked the look of the old sofa in this room. I'd had it recovered fifteen or more years ago in a velvet that had a very itsy bitsy gray over silver stripe in it, with a tiny stripe of camel too. It was a plaid, in other words, like a men's suit though. Maybe that's called tattersall. I don't remember. Overall, it was a light neutral, and the pattern wasn't evident.

Bill wanted a love seat to match, and I don't know why I agreed to that. Oh, yes, because the old leather recliner of my dad's, that I usually sit in, wasn't very functional any more.

So, they're here, and yikes, I sure hope they grow on me because at the moment I hate them. They are hugely boxy and ugly. The oriental rug is a red ground with cobalt blue, kind of an olive and a gold. I couldn't find anything in those colors, at least not in leather. These are too taupe. They are too...too...and two of them, too.

But they are comfortable, and have built-in recliners. And they'll be perfect in a den in another house. With some new end and coffee tables. (I need an icon for BRAVE LITTLE SMILE.) *Smile*


© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504623-Now-Im-really-blue