*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504446-finalities
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#504446 added April 27, 2007 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
finalities
Today I attended classes for the last time ever as an undergraduate. Nothing special happened to mark the occasion as I walked from the classroom, no claps of thunder, bolts of lightening, or pyrotechnics. It felt good, but it felt weird. One of my classmates, camarades de classe, had spoken to me about all this earlier in the day. She asked me if I was feeling "lost," and said she sort of felt that way. She's graduating too, of course. If you don't plan on throwing yourself right back into the throes of taking courses as a graduate student, it doesn't feel like you're coming into some break time the way it has felt between semesters before, but you still feel like you need a break.

Attending the final classes doesn't mean I'm all finished, of course. I've got a research paper to complete before Wednesday, and two portfolios to finish by then, or hopefully earlier. I can't remember when the exact due date is for one of them at the moment, but I need to get all of that done as soon as possible so I can prepare for my French capstone interview. I'll still be a busy college student this weekend, then graduation next weekend, then my son's wedding, my nephew's high school graduation, and my art editors senior art exhibit.

I spent the evening looking for articles that might be suitable to cite in my research paper, and I think I found one good one. The research paper is on Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca and Alfred Hitchcock's film adaptation thereof. This article mentions neither one of those texts, but discusses Heritage films made in Germany during the nineties. I watched the films it discusses during my German film course, so it'll be interesting reading whether I can use it for my research paper or not. I think, though, that some of the principles will apply.

Finding a long-lost library book was the highlight of this evening. I've got to get all those turned in before graduation, and I thought I might get stuck forking over the library's $70 "material replacement fee." That motivated me to search fairly thoroughly, after I found out about it. Found out about it because my daughter thought she'd lost a slim little paperback and was freaking out over the fine. It seems a little odd, the way the library came up with that material replacement fee...they added up the cost of all the books, then divided by the number of books in their inventory. Sounds reasonable, until you realize that you could lose a much more valuable book and pay the same price as for the slim little paperback that had gone missing. One of her colleagues at work found it, fallen behind one of the shelves.

We broke into groups of five and wrote ten line exquisite corpse poems today in the Creativity course I've had with Constance this semester. I'd type in what my group came up with if I had it right here, but it's late (or very very early) so it'll have to wait for the next entry. I'm not going to go hunt it up right now. So, the next entry will be much shorter and far less boring than this one.

I've got to find some more interesting ways to fill these white spaces. I bet this entry reads as sleepily as I feel.

good night.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2007 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504446-finalities