*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504264-a-noisy-noise-annoys-an-oyster
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#504264 added April 27, 2007 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
a noisy noise annoys an oyster
18 Jalal 164 B.E. – Thursday, April 26, 2007

Noise, noises, noisy; there are several different types of noisy noises in my life and my surroundings. There are annoying and non-annoying noises, there are weird, odd and scary noises, and there are material/physical and spiritual noises. Some of the noises that bother other people don’t bother me, for instance the neighbors dog can bark all night and I don’t get upset, don’t loose sleep and don’t complain. Actually, I like the sound of the dog, it’s sort of comforting to know that he or she is there. I’ve never actually seen this dog so for all I know it’s not a real dog barking but just a recording of a dog.

The annoying noises I hear either periodically or on a regular basis are gunshots, tires screeching and people yelling. One noise that could become very annoying is the sound of the ice-cream truck. It plays “Pop goes the Weasel”, it plays that same damn tone over and over and over as it goes down the street. You’d think that the damn weasel would eventually catch the monkey or visa versa. It doesn’t happen, the weasel does go pop, but he never catches the monkey.

As for the gunshots, I never know where they are coming from. Where I live I can hear the echo of gunshots from both Boulder Highway and East Charleston. It’s scary and it’s annoying, it’s enough to frighten any oyster or weasel or monkey.

Some noises I hear only when the wind blows and I have my patio doors open. The neighbor’s wind chimes sing only in the wind. I enjoy hearing them. I consider them a spiritual noise, because they are pleasant and they remind me of prayer.

Wind chimes in the morning breeze
Like voices from the minarets
Call the faithful to prayer


I’ve never actually heard “voices from the minarets” (this is something I’m looking forward to), but that phase seems to go better with the wind chimes then bells. I’ve heard church bells ring all my life and wind chimes sound more like voices than like bells.

Then there are the things that go bump in the night. I have cats so there is an explanation, even if some of the noises they make in the middle of the night sound like human noises. I have one cat that likes to sit by a cabinet door, while opening and closing the door with his paws. In the middle of the night this is scary, until I realize what’s going on. Then there is the cat (I haven’t figured which one) that turns the radio on, usually in the middle of the night. I wake up and hear a man’s voice, now I keep a phone by my bed, but I don’t call the police when I hear the voice, even if it does scare me. I pick the phone up and go investigate. I then turn off the radio.

The fridge makes some loud and odd noises, but not as annoying and odd as the dryer. Lately the dryer’s been making a squeaking noise. So I’m going to have to call someone to come in and see about it. I think we may have to get a new dryer though. In the mean time, I’m going to use it as little as possible, which means I either have to find a way to hang the cloths outside or take them to the launder mat to dry. I think I’ll find a way to hang them out. I’ve got way too much to do to go to the lander mat and wait for cloths to dry.

Then there’s the noise in my left ear. It’s constant, sometimes loud enough to keep me awake at night. It sounds like a buzz or a buzz saw, but it’s something I’m learning to live with, at least until I get to see a doctor.

Response to "Invalid Entry

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504264-a-noisy-noise-annoys-an-oyster