*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504098-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#504098 added April 25, 2007 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
I’ve Got a Crush on You
17 Jalal 164 B.E. - Wednesday, April 25, 2007

“I’ve got a crush on you,” Beth typed the phrase into the e-mail subject line and then paused to consider her next words.

“I’ve got a crush on you,” she repeated in the body of the message and hit the enter key twice.

“No, Richard, I wasn’t the one who dumped the orange soda in the washing machine last night in the laundry room, when your white shirts were ready to go into the last spin cycle and then put them into the dryer.”

“That was …” Beth paused before continuing. She knew what his reaction would be if she told him who was vandalizing his things. The night before, she had sat in the shadows of the huge dryers and watched Rita carefully open the washer and dump the contents of the 12 oz. can of soda onto Richard’s dress shirts and then close the lid to let the shirts spin. After the machine had stopped, Rita took the shirts out and put them in the dryer. She turned the heat up to maximum and put in five dollars in quarters. The deed done, Rita left the laundry room never knowing there was a witness to her crime.

“That is a name you’ll have to persuade me to reveal. Meet me tonight, come to my apartment and I’ll reveal her name. I’ll tell you which one of your six wives knows about your secret life.” She hit the enter key three time and then signed her name.

Then she entered all six of his e-mail addresses and sent the message. Beth knew his wives would read the message, but she also knew that Rita was the only one of them who could identify her and Rita wouldn’t be back in town for three days. After that, Beth went into the kitchen to fix breakfast.

*********

Rita sat, at a table in her hotel room in Palm Springs, studying the message on the screen; Richard didn’t know she knew the password to his yahoo account. He still didn’t know it was her who flattened his tires, cut his break lines and ruined his dress shirts.

“So he has five other yahoo accounts and has five other wives.” She knew he was having an affair with her sister, she had read the e-mail he sent Lora. However, until now she thought that she was his only wife. “I wonder how Beth found out I was the one who ruined his dress shirts last night.”

“I’ll have to have a talk with Beth when I get back to Vegas.” She picked up the room service menu lying beside her laptop and studied it. “Perhaps I should have a hearty breakfast, before I start the next phase of my vengeance.”

*********
In Oxnard, California, Myra typed in her husband’s login name and password and clicked the login icon. Why am I doing this? She thought as she waited for the Yahoo server to log her in. Sarah lied to me when she said Richard was having an affair with Grace. Sarah has a crush on him and will do anything to break us up.

“What did you find out?” Sarah walked into Myra’s office without knocking.

“I found out,” Myra said getting up. Walking to the coffee pot, she poured two cups of coffee and handed one to her partner. “That Richard has five other wives!”

Response to "Invalid Entry

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504098-