*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502028-Being-Aggressive-vs-desperation
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#502028 added April 16, 2007 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Being Aggressive vs desperation
Last week I "winked" at a guy on Match.com. His profile wasn't full of detail, but what it did say intrigued me enough, plus his picture was cute! *Smile* He emailed me back and simply said, "Hi, would you like to meet at the casino sometime?" I was puzzled by this. Who suggests going to a casino on a first date/meeting? Would we chat as we pulled the lever of a slot machine or was he a high roller and hoping me blowing on his dice would bring him luck??

I waited a day or two and responded telling him I had only been to our casino's once and I wasn't against meeting there; however, it would have to be during the day as I would not feel comfortable parking in a structure downtown in the evening alone. He replied saying, "Alright, you've got a deal. What is your number? Mine is..." Wow, on the 2nd email already asking for a number. Not sure why, but I responded giving him my number. Not even two hours after sending that email my phone rang...no joke!! I was at work so I didn't even think to answer it. It was him! His voice mail made him sound like he was a little slow or very high...not sure which would be better! *Smile*

I had plans after work so I had no intentions of calling him back that day, which was Friday. Saturday I woke up and started cleaning my apartment and my phone rang, but this time it was the guy from Match that I actually like. We chatted for two hours (how crazy is that?!) and then I got in the shower . When I got out of the shower I checked my phone and noticed I had a missed call and new voice mail. Three guesses who it was! Yep, it was the other guy from Match that had left me a voice mail not even 24 hours prior. What does that say???

I still have not called him back and at this point I'm not sure I'm going to. I am considering sending him an email, not sure what to say, and then blocking him from contacting me. Maybe I'm overreacting, but it seems a little odd to be so aggressive so soon...doesn't it?! *Confused*

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502028-Being-Aggressive-vs-desperation