*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499272-On-the-hunt-for-the-Charmed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#499272 added April 3, 2007 at 7:32am
Restrictions: None
On the hunt for the Charmed!
FINALLY!!! I HAVE THEM ALL!!! *evil witchy cackle*

*winks* For years there has been a TV show I've loved. Unfortunately Australian free tv viewing seems to have degenerated into reality tv and cop shows. There isn't a whole lot else available so one of my must see tv series keeps getting bumped off the station in favor of CSI or Australian Idol or whatever it is that's taking up the hype.

Finally, I decided to pluck up my moola (=money) and blow a few hundred on a worth while investment. Seasons 1-8 of Charmed on DVD!!! I actually caved just over a week ago but K-Mart in my home town only had seasons 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8. Of course I bought those but I was missing seasons 2 and 7. Yesterday we travelled 15 minutes and about five suburbs north to the next K-Mart but they were sold out of seasons 2 and 7 as well.

Today I borrowed my mother's car and made an afternoon hunt in search of the ellusive DVD's. Travelling 35 minutes and about 12 suburbs toward the city to the awesome supermall. Now remember, I'm in Western Australia, so while you might have a nearby Walmart where you can get anything your heart desires, the shopping options here are far more limited.

At Carousel however we have basically anything you might be after. Food court, cinema, multiple fashions stores, two huge bookshops, pet stores, trinkets, newsagents, two major grocery stores, four major um, everything else kind of stores (K-Mart, Target, Myer, and something else in the other corner that I never go to)

So, ramble of completely uninteresting value. I managed to bank a check, cash a money order, visit a bunch of stores to do some shopping for Easter and fruit for the week etc. Eventually I found season 7 in one store, and just before closing (5PM for those uneducated in the abominal early close of trade hours across this country) I found season 2. Both were supremely pricey. The price of season 2 was the cost of seasons 1 and 3 together. OUCH!

But now I own all 8 seasons. So, if I'm MIA for a few weeks you all know what I'm doing. lol Watching 48 DVD's or 176 episodes of Charmed. *Smile* That's about 8000 minutes or 135 hours of viewing. *Smile* Talk about a way to keep a girl entertained. lol

Of course for the next two weeks I'm dealing with school holidays but after those I'll be glad to have 135 hours of entertainment to tide me over because I'll be pinching pennies to recover from the supreme $300 blowout. Thankfully those DVD's should last me years and will be worthy of repeat viewing. Especially the seasons that are Cole or Chris heavy. *drools*

Now, time to log off and go watch some Charmed. *Wink* G'night.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499272-On-the-hunt-for-the-Charmed